herbal shisha and weed?

Discussion in 'General' started by funnybunny, Sep 22, 2010.

1. #1 funnybunny, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
    So I love hookhah, but dont smoke it much, in part because its a pain in the ass to set up and clean up, I dont have one, it doesnt get you high and I dont need something else to kill my lungs. lol. But I was just wondering, has anyone every tried mixing herbal shisha and weed and putting it in a pipe or bong? I know people have put weed in the actual hookah pipe, but I cant find anything on doing it the other way around - putting the shisha/weed mix in your mj smoking device.

thanks all

edit: forgot to ask the essential question- would the shisha even light w/o coals?

2. Shisha doesn't light, it vaporizes. I really don't understand why you would want to smoke shisha out of a normal pipe, it's messy and requires a constant heat source.

And shisha gives you a nice buzz, especially the unwashed brands with .5-.6% nicotine.

3. #3 Liqweed, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
    you dont ignite it.....

You use indirect heat form the coals to vaporize the glycerine out of the shisha. ANd yes, it does work, technically you are vaping the weed when you put it in a hookah and use it normally. Although, some may think of it as a waste, (i do), but it is nice if you have a little extra bud and want some hookah. Herbal shisha doesnt matter, however I also want to note that herbal shisha is not necessarily healthier for you. They use sugar cane for the plant matter in many herbal shishas and on the cane factories, workers are commonly diagnosed with respiratory illnesses and a plethora of other problems that is said to be from the bagasse.
    It has been theorized that one could develop a lung condition as a direct result from smoking bagasse. Most especially if you happen to combust it.

4. well shit. I guess i might have to stay away from herbal shishas then.

and i thought it more "baked" (no pun intended) than vaporized... I would only want to try it out of a bong or a pipe just due to ease of use... id rather clean glass than a hookah