Herb Grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by JLaner, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Hey all,
    I was wondering which herb grinder I should buy. I was thinking of a SharpStone but then I heard that aluminum could possibly be inhaled if the aluminum was scraped off. I've heard of the Cali Crusher but that one is also aluminum. Now this grinder (http://www.amazon.com/CRUSHER-Quali...uminum/dp/B000KVBAAI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) is not made of aluminum and most reviews are pretty good so I was thinking of getting it. I really do not want to spend more than $30. Thanks,
    Jake

2. Space case.

3. Space Cases are a bit out of my budget though
    As I said, I really do not want to go over 30 dollars.

4. I got my 2 piece for less than $30.

5. sharpstone. almost 3 years and its still going strong. no metal shavings in my weed either.

6. So the sharpstone is a good choice? And I'm not really looking into two piece grinders since the bud can get stuck and keif can't be collected as much I hear.

7. #7 Ratio, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    yeah man its great. ive had the black one for a while now. its been through alot and never broke a tooth. i soak each peice seperately in iso every once in a while to keep all the moving parts moving and to clear the screen. it also yeilds a nice little bit of iso hash :D

and ive never had an issue with metal shavings. right when you get yours wash it with warm soap and water and leave it somewhere to dry. that should get any extra chemicals or metal off it and down the drain. make sure it drys well because you dont want any rust. leave all 4 peices nxt to eachother in the sun for 30 min and it should be dry and warm to the touch.

8. I am not sure what mine is but it was more in the 60 range. Might be space case, but doesn't have any markings. Anyway, had it for 4 years and it is still amazing. The magnet is still really strong. grinds awesome. feels strong if that makes sense. kief container is perfect.

trust me it is worth it to cough up the extra 30. I have tons of the smaller ones. But the quality cant be denied

9. Do you remember where you bought it?

10. No offense to anyone, but ''no shavings in my weed'', are you sure? You see the aluminium ''dust'' that comes off of the, usually more cheap-o or defective, grinders aren't all that visible. It looks like a dark smear of black'ish substance on the inside of your grinder where most of the friction takes place.
    When you run your finger past it it should produce some kind of stain on your finger which may or may not sparkle when you hold it towards the sun.
    But the dust is so small and fine that you wouldn't actually see it on the weed itself tbh...

I can know, my cheapo 5 buck alu grinder does this crap. Posted pictures in a thread about it in this forum. Just a few posts below this one I believe.

To test if your grinder does this:
    1. Clean it thoroughly.
    2. Let it dry completely.
    3. Inspect your now completely clean grinder it should be entirily stainless.
    4. Grind with nothing in it and do this for a minute.
    5. Re-inspect grinder. Finding dark smears? You've got alu shavings.