Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

herb and memory

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by B-unted, Dec 5, 2007.

1. how badly does weed affect your memory?

2. I only know from experience. Weed seems to have affected only short term memory. Information I have to retain for 1-3 sec. has become more diffficult and I can't remember faces. Beyond that I've always had a fairly shitty memory . However, I maintain that I was born a stoner... so yeah

3. It does worsen your short term memory high or not. But its really not as bad that the self-righteous idiot propaganda machine has made it out to be.

4. im not gonna lie...i cant remember what i did a week ago. and past that i cant really remember anything inless its important. i know i used to be able to remember what i ate or drank last week. but since i smoke i dont.

but really who cares. were living in the present anyway.:hello:

5. It has made no difference.

6. Effects it a lot but the side effects stop if you stop smoking for a few days. When someone tells me something or to do something, I ALWAYS forget :(

7. i basically smoke everyday so my memory gets pretty bad. i used to be able to remember what i did last week or what day that was or whatever, but now i cannot. O well all u gotta do is stop for a couple of days and ur memories back to normal

8. No difference what so ever. I find that I forget things that really don't need to be remembered easier, in other words, I pay attention less to boring stuff.

I think we get so focused on the music, tv or whatever we are doing at that moment in time that we miss the little things that we would normally see.

I'm ADHD, but extremely focused on MMJ. A side effect I can live with for sure.

9. The people that are saying weed has no effect on short term memory are wrong. It severely hinders your short term memory. The good news is that if you stop smoking for a couple days and sober up, you'll be perfectly fine again. And the memory loss really only comes with intense, constant smoking (i.e. daily or more).

10. I don't know the stats and the science isn't all that good due to DEA limiting testing. It does have an effect on short term, no prooved effect on long term memory. I don't have definitons for either, but if you spend a half hour doing a search on google you should find some pretty informative sites. Remember that there is just as much propaganda for weed as there is against it though. I would start with NORML's site(national orginazation to reform Marijuana Laws. I'm not sure thats actaully right but its close)
    My personal expeirence I'm no worse than before I started smoking, but I'm really out of touch with things like that. Never pay attention to how well I remember or even my state of mind, but thats neither there nor somewhere else.
    I smoked heavily(everyday almost all day) for close to a year and all the memories of that time are jumbled and shit. Can't remember the order of when things happened or a number of people I met during that time, but it was just a generally crazy year, with lots of personal shit going on in my head so it don't read anything into that.Do the research though. Its the only way to really know

11. This is true. I can't remember stuff from last week unless it was an important event. But I mean I just went on vacation and smoked the whole time there and remember it clearly. I smoke everyday and anything over a week is a bit of a blur. Besides that, I when remembering past days (within a month) its sometimes hard to peice when I did what I did that day in the correct order.

In recent news I stopped smoking because I have no contacts and it's a welcome tolerance break and now I remember every day like the back of my hand.:smoke:

12. i only forget short term things during the duration of being stoned. when i sober up my short term is fine, but its difficult to remember what happened while i was previously baked

my long term memory hasn't been affected as far as i can tell (unless again, its something i was told while i was stoned)

13. I do drop off in the middle of a sentance sometimes and ask what im talking about. Thats only if the TV is on or im playin a game and my attention is else were for a quick moment. Other than that it doesnt hurt me at all. I still keep great grades in college so the weed doesnt really make my memory any worse than what it was when I started smoking.

14. I totally agree. I smoke daily (anywhere from 4-10 times) and there's no way I could honestly say my memory hasn't gone to shit. I'd be curious to know how often the people saying it doesn't effect them smoke.

15. I don't know if it was the weed, but ever since I can recall, my long-term has actually been vague. No details. Just an idea of what went on. /shrug

16. yeahh. my gf gets mad at me alot cause i always forget shit or forget what she told me a couple days ago or a couple hours ago. She smokes nug with me but thats it just when shes with me. me on the other hand smoke all the time :smoke:

In conclusion MJ > MY MEMORY

17. I ALWAYS forget where I put my keys. I seriously cant go anywhere without forgetting something somewhere. Its a pain in the ass, but ive gotten VERY used to it. Its not bad its just annoying.

18. wait what was this thread about? Video games? I just cant remember.

lol