Hempy Quantum Cobs Blue Dream/Chemdawg Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Sickomindo, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Very nice journal/grow. I'll chime in. Im originally from Cali and moved to S. Illinois 8 years ago.

2. Thanks man!! I'm not sure on the exact time, but it's been on 12/12 for I think five weeks. Possibly six. So maybe 3/4 of true flower. I didn't write anything down as I wasn't sure about keeping them in the beginning due to sketchiness.
    Man, what a move. Not a bad place, but I would be hard pressed for southern Illinois as I just went to Cali for the first time just this year. People are assholes, but man is it beautiful. At least there's medical there though. We may get a shot at it if we go blue this election...lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ignore the tall freak in the back.

IMG_9341.JPG IMG_9339.JPG IMG_9333.JPG

4. They are looking good.

Blue dream is an tall girl. I got two blue dream that was cloned, once rooting, vegged for 7 days than flower.. they stretched like crazy . She at 35 days in the pink pic.
    I did 2 dreams and 2 ww x big bud. You can tell the dreams

Can't wait to see the end of this one with that freak in the back 20181118_190132.jpg 20181109_190740.jpg 20181109_192855.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ya thank you. What kind of light do you have on yours?

6. Week 7

IMG_9441.JPG IMG_9434.JPG
    IMG_9437.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. As I told someone else, I think this is definitely my last Hempy grow and im switching to 5 gal fabric bags next time. I have had good success growing Hempy and this is my 7th grow and all 6 were Hempy. My first was DWC but i have have a few plants stunt along the way and my version is Bottom fed. Meaning the coco from the top 2/3 is dry as a bone once the root system hits the floor. The problem becomes when the root system runs out of room because of the top drying out. Plus learning that the reason why fabric bags are so good for the roots is roots (i was told by col Grower growguru) suck up nutrients at the tips. The more tips at the batter and his air pruning creates more tips on a bucket they just keep circling I think maybe that is what was happening a couple times when I had issues. I want to go simplified with no more feeding tubes and air hoses. I will feed with a water wand. I just need to find something to sit them on like milk crates or something.

IMG_9453.JPG IMG_9446.JPG IMG_9454.JPG IMG_9432.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mars light and an 315 sun system cmh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. That blue dream over there looking like the weird lanky kid in class who grew before everyone else.

They look good man. Looking forward to the five gal fabric bags. Think I might actually use 5 gal once I get my dripper set up.

10. Lol ya. I did good with Hempy but feel the root system is so limited cause there Bottom fed Hempys leaving half of the coco try as a bone. The tubing and feeding I have has been easy compared to breaking my back on dwc to get nutes in and runoff out.

The fab bags should be alot easier and I could go with a tubing irrigation but it's not really worth it for 4 plants in a 4 x 4 tent I don't think.
    I think I can just use a water wand and it shouldn't be too bad.

Thinking also that even tho ive had decent success with Canna A snd B, id like to try something more balanced even tho Canna is supposed to be made for Cannabis. Got my eye on Green Planet.

11. Why not pick you up some top-feed jigs and make you a trunk line to connect them to your feed hose? Seems a good way to solve your issue with hempys.

12. I could of top fed them but im wanting to simplify things and get rid of all hoses, feed lines, air hoses ect ect.

13. Wk 8
    Getting close but im not sure if its rootbound issues or Canna Coco issues with unbalanced A and B/Calmag deficiency or what but i might try a new nutrient next time too after reading a few hours about this issue. My tap is around 150 ppm so id like to start growing with my tap and eliminate me from having to lug four 5gal RO water jugs at Walmart every damn few days.

IMG_9554.JPG IMG_9544.JPG IMG_9558.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. #96 Sickomindo, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Awful looking

IMG_9552.JPG IMG_9556.JPG

Ppm's about 800

Calmag - 3ml/gal
    Canna a and b - 7ml/gal

Ph nutes going in are 6.0 (hopefully the cal is available at 6) maybe if i add ph up and shoot higher cause i know calmag is better available around 6.3 but thats when you let it drift up.

15. I don't see any amber trikes yet and I'm about 10 weeks in I have no choice but to start flush. Definitely my weirdest grow yet but I learned a lot and after 6 runs definitely going to move away from hempy for a while fabric bags are next. IMG_9716.JPG IMG_9704.JPG IMG_9706.JPG IMG_9712.JPG IMG_9720.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  16. Why the early harvest? I had the same problem with my last grow, no amber trichs so i kept growing them out, they started to banana on me, either it was the strain or it was way past deadline that forced them to banana, which i dont understand, why wouldnt they amber on me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I had the same issue with my last too grows. They where around 50% amber and stop. Pulled them at 10wk's and in the first week of curing they where at 100% amber. I think my issue was caused by the weather, temp drop and loss of power for too days. Right now I have three BB that should start flowering any day now.

I did try out the hempy bucket grow, did ok but I did notice the roots where mostly at the bottom. Smoke was good but I am staying with grow bags and top feeding. Root sys. looks a lot better in bags.

Where are you getting your seeds from. I have been using ILGM, but the gemmation rate has not been that good. Even with there replacements. Also there pricing is high.