Hempy Quantum Cobs Blue Dream/Chemdawg Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Sickomindo, Aug 27, 2018.

1. I assume you're saying Silica lower's PH? Also you are adding Calmag with reg. nut's? I have always been told you should use it in between feedings. I will have to use up my GH nut's before I can try you recipe. I have gotten in a nice grow schedule. I have two day's from ripe and to just starting to flower and two three week old seedings. Will be starting two more in a couple days. What size is your tent. I now have a 32x32x64. If I had the space I would go larger.

2. Amazing what some people say hu? Learning how to grow cannabis it's funny(sux) when you're learning on your own off the Internet because you do get so many variables and sometimes some people are full of sht (I heard a while back a handful of people specifically put out bad information to wreck peoples grows) and other times both are right because of the differences in grow choices and mediums and set up's.

No silica raises ph. After silica I use pH down to around six or 6.5 at the most then your regular meat and potatoes nutrients thenCal mag and for me no pH up or down needed after that. If I don't use silica, I don't need any pH up or down usually especially with Canna. Yes you can use silica with your regular noon nutrients but you got to be kind of careful mix in silica and Cal mag in the same mix. Some people will go back and forth One day using silica another day Cal mag I read many hours on the subject and have random many mixes I've had some head scratchers but overall no problems mixing both but you have to put silica in first and after that you'll notice RO water will be about nine change the pH down and then run your normal soup mix after that. It works for me but everybody's soup mix is different and things may be different with different ingredients.

3. I'm having fanleaf twisting or flipping upside down. Weird I noticed it yesterday about the same time then went away throughout the day today. I think I remember this before not sure what it was then or now. Everything seems dialed in but who knows. Will watch them closely.

IMG_8737.JPG
    IMG_8735.JPG
    IMG_8736.JPG

4. So glad you're back! Was waiting on your return for a reference. Got some 2 gal fabric pots with a 3500k 250w-qb-led-diy-thingy
    Subbbbbbbbbbed

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sup gorilla

6. I definitely have noticed the three in the front that are blue dreams, have Cal mag deficiency but the one in the front to left number one is really really bad. The three in the back are Chemdawgs and they are fine. I think I remember hearing blue dream was a Cal mag pig. I think also noticed a bug I think I need to hit it with SM 90 and or Neam oil or something. I've never lost one yet so hopefully I don't start now. Bottom pH run off is perfect ppm's are perfect not sure what's going on yet. Some drooping along with Cal mag deficiency. IMG_8745.JPG IMG_8747.JPG IMG_8744.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. looks like what I call a miler, or am small moth. I would check for eggs on bottom of leaf's.

8. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  9. Legit pocket replied lol. My apologies. Free thread bump. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not sure what happened there.

That is so right, I had a lot of that when I first started looking online. Thing is I have grown outdoors and indoors on and off for years (mid. 70's) in my homemade soil. So I know most of it was BS. I use Cal-mag when I use the Organics go box nut's. When I use GH Flora comb set of nut's I find I don't need Cal-mag. Only issue I have is using af seeds, I get small bud's. May go back to reg. female. As far as what State I'm in, it's VA. Due to lack of getting full sun I have been growing indoors for about 5yr. From my soil, to DWC and now Hempy. For me hempy growing is a lot less work and cost. I see you are using RO water, what is the advantage? I have been using rain water for years. PH is most of the time 5.8-6.5 and PPM <20 always. The only time it is off is spring.

12. #53 Sickomindo, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Day 28 from seed
    Thinned out fan leaves for bud sites and super cropped a little but actually normally I always did in the past while in flower and alot taller plants. Felt I better start early. These plants were transplanted pretty low.
    PPM - 550-600ish
    PH - 6.0
    I have been reading a lot today about green planet nutrients I'm kind of ashamed I hadn't heard of them before I was watching a video from John Berfelo and I noticed the name on the bottle of the stuff he was using green planet nutrients I already have some blue planet nutrients (completely different) I really like what I hear about green planet and I'm sold on these guys! When you read around the net on who there about and what they say you can tell. Go to their website you really see a great deal for $60 they give you two part A&B plus for other bottles of additives. It sucks because I have plenty of nutrients at least two different kinds and I want to really try these guys.
    IMG_8789.JPG IMG_8785.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Figures the night I flipped I put in a mix with Silica and overshot the pH a couple times probably putting to much pH up or something and noticed day one of flower yellowing which is normal for me usually but seem to be something off checked pH last night (good thing) of the ress noticed it was 7.0. Put in a new mix minus the silica which means no pH up or down. Check the ranch this morning and it was 7.0 again so put in a new mix again not sure what's going on but should be fixed now.

500 ppm + 100ppm of calmag = 600ish
    6.0 soup mix

IMG_8833.JPG
    IMG_8841.JPG IMG_8842.JPG

14. Day 7 of flowering

2ml/g - Calmag
    6ml/g - Canna A
    6ml/g - Canna B
    4ml/g - Bud Ignitor
    0.6ml/g - Mammoth P

650ppm
    6.0 PH

IMG_8870.JPG IMG_8871.JPG IMG_8867.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Day 10

IMG_8896.JPG IMG_8895.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looking good.
    I just set up a hempy grow in one of my 5gal dwc buckets. Using two 1" round air stones in 3" of Hydroton in bottom. Fed through tubing just on inside of bucket with a second tube for air tubing. Put a 3 week old northern lights auto in it. If it works I have 6 more buckets to use. Need to finish up my GH nut, to try your mix. Have it saved at amazon.

17. When you get some pics let me know. Sounds perfect. Should work fine.

18. Day 15

Definitely not hard to figure out which ones are the Chemdawgs vs the Blue Dream.

IMG_8953.JPG IMG_8955.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Day 18

I did a comparison with my previous grows similar strains and these girls seem behind on there progress. Not sure why. I did notice a kind of bright led light coming off of a power outlet outside the side of my tent that might of effected things but I doubt it was bright enough. Not sure.
    Never 5gal hempys again. Its a damn jungle thats way off from a level canopy.

IMG_8963.JPG IMG_8975.JPG IMG_8974.JPG
    IMG_8973.JPG