Hempy(ish) cloning method?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by 3rd Monkey, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Recently found out about hempy buckets.

I started 4 coleus clones (easy to root foliage plant) in a hempy style setup. They are planted in coco and get watered once a day. Day 2 so far, no wilt. The stems are all the way to the bottom of the pot and sit in the water table. I agitate them a few times a day. I have no air pump oxygenating the water.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this? I don't have any problems cloning, I just want to push the hempy to the limit. If it goes well, no need for a transplant I figure.

I understand that this is not a true hempy, but the principle is the same. Be back with a pic in a few.

2. Here they are.

Attached Files:

3. I cloned many times in just plastic cups full of coir. I make holes in the cups for drainage and if I keep the coir watered well (like you have by pouring water in the pan) I dont even need a dome over the cuttings.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks. Sounds like good news. Digging the hempy style.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I do the same just strait coco in Dixie cup low ppm bloom nutes never had better results .

• Like Like x 3
  6. I usually use a bubbler, but if I don't have to that's less setup, more room for clones and germinating, and I don't have to hear the air pump run lol.

Thanks.

7. If you havnt already check out mick foster on here his thread is Mick's mainlined Hempy something lol I was briefly chatting to him a few weeks ago about hempys.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've been checking on here and other places. Dunno if I've seen that one but I'll check.

I've been assembling a whole fleet lol

• Funny Funny x 1