Hempy Buckets?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WhiteGuy88, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Has anybody done hempy buckets? And if you have what kind of nutes did you use and how much, what were your feedings?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It's been about 10 years since I have done a Hempy. I used FloraNova Bloom and I followed the directions on the bottle. I fed everyday until the res was replaced and run off occurred. I plan on doing original Hempy's for my next grow. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I burnt everything to a crisp and out of desperation just let them sit in the kitchen sink with the water running. That revived them, then I started flushing BEFORE burn like water 4 to 1. Then I started creating organic water and things really started to click. I think you can use darn near any known nutes at full strength if followed by flushing until runoff is not registering on the trungeon. I give them 1/2 gallon full strength nutes then 1/2 gallon water every 24 hours. Seems to be working now in pure perlite 2 gallon. Next seed goes in a 5 gallon smartpot with a 10x2 inch piepan in the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I guess im confused, should i flush every other day? Like give it the nutes one day and than water the next to semi flush the nutes? Or can i just keep adding nutes everyday? I plan on using vermectilite and perlite, 50/50

5. Since your using pure perlite its pretty much hydro right? I plan on doing 50/50, perlite and vermectalite or however you spell it, i read i can give nute every 3 days that way, but should i do a gallon flush everyday? Confused on how much flushing i should do compared to giving nutes

6. I don't know what you mean by flushing. Some people wait until the plant drinks most of the nute solution in the res before they feed again - I prefer to feed everyday and replenish the res with fresh nutes. Hempy is hydroponics - you don't use plain water. Would you use plain water in a DWC setup?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well im not sure lol ive only ever done soil grows, this will be my first time doing hydro but didnt want to do a full hydro setup so im gonna try the hempy method, but what your saying is i could do like half strength in a full gallon and feed my plant when it needs more and not need to add just plain water ever?? Just always feed it nutes, but depending on what strength is what my plant will handle? I just thought maybe i would get a nute build up and have to flush with plain water? Direct me in the right path sensei lol but for real yes i need a guide on this, ive been googling but cant find the question im asking

8. So i did my research, im ready to do a hempy bucket, cant wait

9. Do yourself a BIG favor and do organics in plastic pots, you'll save yourself from a LOAD of troubles and have tastier, smellier and SAFE TO CONSUME weed. DON'T put any BOTTLED NUTRIENTS in your garden only natural things such as bat guano, worm castings, mycohorizae, kelp meal and blood meal, suggest using a mix of foxfarm ocean forest 50% happy frog 25% and a 25% perlite and feed with liquid dirt after 4 weeks of blooming and top dressings of more dirt and worm castings for flushing do it last 2 weeks and I suggest you use plastic pots cause you can use a shop vac and flood the pot and suck it with the vacuum and it will force the nutes out so it's a properly flushed plant and TASTY. I've done hydroponic and nutes and both aren't nearly as tasty or healthy as 100% organic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I would love to do organic!! I just dont have the time and research to do it at the moment

11. The OP was looking for advice on Hempy buckets not organic growing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Appreciate that, you know anybody that has used osmocote plus for a grow?

13. No - I believe they are time release nutes. If you're growing in Hempy buckets you will need a top of the line nutrient that is made for hydroponics. I use GH MaxiBloom, but there are other good choices as well - you won't find them in Home Depot.

• Like Like x 1
  14. You get good results from the maxibloom

15. I just harvested over 19oz. off of three plants with only a 5-1/2 week veg. MaxiBloom from start to finish. I have a grow journal on the first page of indoor grow journal section if you're so inclined.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You used maxibloom in veg also?

17. Yes - from start to finish. My only additives are Silica Blast and SM90 - no bloom busters or anything else. MaxiBloom costs me about $16 per grow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thats awesome mick, i have a problem, all my seeds were regs, im growing 13 plants so i have atleast 4 females, i topped them all and stunted the growth, which isnt a problem, the problem is i think they are getting to big for the pots, i need them to grow out a little more so i can top and put them in my cloning room and force the tops into flowering so i can tell the sex of my plants, i just think i wont have any time left to let them grow out enough to get any toppings

19. I shouldve never topped yet, i shouldve let them grow out a bit so i could get some good toppings to throw into my clone room and force into sex, i messed up, is it to late to get good toppings?