Hempy Bucket questions?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grape optimo, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Ok,my questions are after I germ the seed and it sprouts the tape root..what kind of light do I put it under?And do I water the rockwool before I transfer the seed into it?,or would I have to water it while its in the rockwool?To me that dose'nt seem right..Ive always heard that your not suppose to water a seed with a tape root.I would really appreciate any kind of help.-Grape

2. I dunno, I usually start my seeds in soil and let them go for a week or so in a corner of veg room (MH light). If I'm gonna go soiless I then wash the rootball off under running water to expose the roots. Then I transfer it into the bucket and fill around the roots with my mix.

You running a straight hempy, 3 parts perlite to 1 part vermic? I have tried a few different mixes and settled on a 3-1-1 which the girls seem to like, That is hempy with one part worm-castings mixed in. I also usually top off the pot with hydroton so I don't have to watch all that pretty perlite turn green.

The only thing I hate about hempy buckets is having to PH all that water every other day, it is a real pain. Such are the joys of hydroponics though :)

GL!