Hempy Bottom fed Quantum Grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Sickomindo, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Week1

4 Wonder Women fem Seed from nirvana in small 2 gal Hempy Buckets. 1 white fire OG Reg.
    Airstones and will be Bottom fed with 3/8 Tubing just like my last 2 runs. 560w total from a Quantum Board + Cob setup. 3500k + 3000k.
    Just like my last two runs, all Hempys will have 3/8 tubing fed to a nutrient bucket with a rocker switch.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My last grow month ago, i harvested 21 oz. in same setup. Was my best grow eva
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  2. Following! I’ve got 2 QB 260w only gone In halfway this grow though be interesting to see comparison to next grow will QB the whole time.
    Ive got 4 in veg atm in perlite hempys 3G. Next run I reckon il go 2G but coco hempys.

21oz a good haul!
    How bigs your tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. 4x4. Awesome. Ya these lights make rock hard dense nugs. Everyone was right.

4. your works good boy but why so many duplicate threads?

5. Complicated

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Subbing up

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joining the party

• Like Like x 1
  8. #9 Sickomindo, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    I have two white Fire ogs a little behind the Wonder Womans but will see. They are also reg seeds too unlike WW that are Fem. Seems to me most of the wonder woman I have definitely hit the bottom reservoir.

[​IMG]

Nutrient feeding tubing is in and ready.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rolling rolling rolling. Week 4. Wonder Womans are 2 weeks ahead of the white fire og's and im concerned cause their 2 gal hempys and to let them catch up means longer Veg time in a already smaller then i want to be buckets for much longer veg time.

I might have to ask a Hempy master like scotty real.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Looking good Sicko! Subbed up.

Those hempy buckets are cool. How often do you have to mix up nutes? The daily mixing with my hand water coco setup is a little too much work for this bum!

11. About every other day. Alot of grow stuff can be physical but mixing nutes shouldnt be one of them. I have AS with a completely fused neck. Tell me exactly how you make your soup?

12. Thinking to myself. Ya it was a back breaker when the plants get bigger especially, till I made my bottom fed system. The actual mixing of my canna is cake and now the feeding is just as easy as pressing a button then the wetvac 2gal is used to vac up waste. Saucers vs a flood tray was a game changer too.

Remember this, a mechanic will work 10 times harder and longer without the right tools.

13. [​IMG]

Growers secret. The light is the food, the nutrients are her Vitamins.
    [​IMG]
    Going to flip soon but white fires havnt hit the bottom res yet and are too behind. Frustrating.

14. Right now I’m mixing 3 gallons in a plastic tub with the nutes then putting that back in gallon jugs to feed plants. It’s not too physical just time consuming with having to test ec after every addition, until I get my portions down at least. Takes me about 1.5 hrs to mix, test, feed, test runoff, and dump waste. Been looking into a drip feed type system for when I have to leave for a couple days so might switch to that eventually... more research!

15. Ya i was close to where your at, at one time. That sounds about right as time went on I got better with nutrients better with pH better with getting nutrients in and out I pretty much cut that down to about 10 minutes with 6 plants in this 4x4. 5 gallon nutria bucket mixed up at one time that will last for a few days hit the rocker switch after adding the destination bucket tubing to the feed nutrient bucket tubing than hitting the rocker switch. Getting nutrients out was a real pain in the ass for a long time with saucers until I went with the flood tray.

16. Getting nutrients in and getting waste out before was such a pain in the ass and so physically hard on me especially with my disease I bust my ass considering that's for sure but the term working smarter not harder definitely applies sometimes.

17. As for me today I have a little concern. I've never lost a plant out right in the middle of a grow but had one stall out and freeze for 3 weeks at the end. This Run is going ok but last night I had an issue with one girl to the front right drooping wasn't sure if it was the SM 90 I added last night to the topsoil to prevent any issues or a coincidence or the air hose was kinked but that shouldn't happen and if it did it it dies without getting air, that basically makes these things about the five DWC grow.

Normally that should never happen with hempy but the fact that I picked 2 gallon buckets and the drain hole at 2 inches from the bottom for a three or 5 gallon bucket is a lot different percentage then a 2 gal. The percentage of height of the drain hole versus the rest is different and as you go smaller you might want to consider adjusting the whole drain hole height accordingly and I did so I was aware that when I did this I just might have to make sure that if that happens with some of them that I make sure that I don't unplug the airline. I think I might do a test today on each one individually and find out.

[​IMG]