Hempy alternative thread

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by growmymeds, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Hey guys just saw your thread I'm on my first grow and I am doing 2 1/2 gallon hempys one has perlite 80% vermiculite 20% and 2 of them in 100% perlite I also have a plant in coco for a total 4 plants the hempys are great my grow has exceeded all expectations super happy with the hempys they are simple straight forward setups . One thing I like is if a problem arises you can easily flush and correct . I had a ph lockout they were wilted pretty bad I flushed them and restarted they were back on track in a couple hours. Easy! As a side note the coco plant is kicking ass also and I only have to water every other day and my hempys are drinking themselves dry in 24 hours . I guess the only thing I would do differently is add the vermiculite to the ones that are pure perlite .Smokexbreak is right on about its buffering capabilities and you seem to get better growth while its still reaching for the res.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Here's my kratky and hemp Hempy. Both still healthy. Big root out the bottom of the Hempy.[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

3. More pics of my 2. Gonna put the hempy on a bucket of hydroton and nutes. The root growing out the bottom of the pot looks a little sad from the light. The kratky rockwool is completely dried out. She'd be dead if not for the roots in the res.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Here's the hemp hempy. Got rid of the saucer and put it on a bucket of hydroton. She's going 12/12 tonight.[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Best of luck boss -)

6. She's looking better than the last one I tried. Seemed like the hemp wanted to rot. This time I only top fed once. All the rest has been off the tray it was in before and now this bucket.

8. Well this is something of an experiment. I've never actually seen anyone grow in hemp fiber besides myself. Lots of indoor grows using soil these days. I'm still a hydro guy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Couple new pics. The hemp hempy is in the flower area and starting to stretch. She's small, buts fits the extra space I had. The Kratky is still looking healthy, but kinda lanky. Just added some white light to the clone box and it's caught up to the green crack some so it should get tighter. Gonna try something of a mainline to keep it short until I can flower it. First pic is hemp hempy, second pic bottom left is the kratky.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like it bro :)

Nice work!

I think I’m gunna try out 100% perlite and maybe that Ricey bucket lol

I just know the vermiculite is super buffering my stuff past where it autta be I think

Some of my hempys stabilized

There’s a couple on the Frits tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Cool, I'm curious about the rice hulls. I'm thinking about getting some perlite and giving some time to an actual hempy. So far I think the kratky is my favorite. I barely check on it and it used a tiny amount of rockwool. Not growing as fast as a dwc, but it's growing.

12. Have you tried putting those rice hulls in some water for a bit to see if it's stable?

13. Rice hulls have neutral ph so i expect if you gave them a 5.5ph soak they would soo be ok to use

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sweet. I'm already subbed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG]

Things are looking great!! Deep Water Hempy is officially a real thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Was listening to a podcast today and the guy was talking about his aquaponics setup. He uses organic soil over his aquaponics. Maybe an organic DWC should be tried.

17. #60 loki125, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Organic dwc lol take a bucket add some molassas add an air stone in in 24hrs you know why dwc organic shouldnt be done. Not in the organic sense of using microbes ect.

Aero yeah it can be done not as much air is needed but
    Last time i mixed my nutes slapped an air stobe in and completely for got 24hrs later foam was everywhere. Yay!! Lol