Hempy alternative thread

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by growmymeds, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Bread croutons???

2. Rockwool croutons. It's the same consistency as cube or slabs. Drains better than the batt.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

3. So do I need to use synthetic nutes in a Hempy situation? Like I’ve never done DWC before.. or hydroponics of any kind

But these hempys just have my attention!

I’m about to pop

2x Sour Crack
    2x Deez Nugs
    1x Ripleys OG
    And a couple Sams Crack

I kinda think I want to do them all in hempys

And maybe a Sour Crack in the Ricey Bucket idea ;)

Maybe I’ll do Perl/verm 75/25 in a couple

All perlite in a couple

And perlite/rice hulls 75/25

Hrmmm.... ideas?

I just got a 4x4 tent so I have ample room now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Yeah general hydroponics line would work just fine. I’m using remo nutrients currently.

You’ll need a PH meter and if possible a Ppm/ec meter. (Not entirely necessary) ph pen for sure though.

Man if you can get your hands on some vermiculite cheap I’d get some of it. Vermiculite will buffer your PH to 6.0 as where straight perlite you could have to deal with a PH swing.

Best way to test your swing is take a gallon of water. PH it to like 5.0 and leave it for 24-48 hours. Every 12 hours check your PH and see high high it goes. That way you have an idea of your swing. Say you have A .7 swing over the course of 48 hours. You’ll want to ph down to 5.1-5.3 that way you’re gonna be right in range by the time your PH swings. If you get vermiculite you won’t have to deal with the swing whatsoever.

I just got masterblend 3 part nutes it’s like 20-30 bucks on amazon depending on which one you get but it’ll last a year if not more lol. It really stretches far thought and it makes your nutes cheap as fuck. Oh and you’ll need a flower booster which you can get for like 20 bucks on amazon I believe S2C uses flower fuel.

Here’s his feeding schedule for masterblend. And flower fuel he also uses silica blast and hydroguard which aren’t necessary. But the sure as shit help.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wow great answer smoke!! That’s like literally what I needed to know and then some! Yea I don’t rly like dealing with PH much.. so vermiculite it is. What ratio perlite to vermiculite do you use bro? Same as S2C? Wonder if he made it home safely..

Yea I’ve got basically an agreement with my female, one run then take a break. I agreed. It is consuming allot of my time.. and I really like being w her... as a matter of fact she’s the best thing that ever happened to me lol

So BIG run it is. I’m dropping Every seed I can fit in the 4x4 and get me enough medicine for a few months at least. That’s all I really wanted from the start.

Once she see’s how badly I miss it... by then.. I think she’ll let me go pick up a seedling from @moabfighter if I tell her he popped me one special lolol for Mephisto

But I don’t have to worry about that for a good while.

Gunna run a Colorado cookie against @Iceman2494 too I think ;) that’ll be my only non Mephisto plant.

I’m LOOOOOOVING the smoke Moab gave me man, it is SUPERIOR AS FUCK to what I’ve been smoking for the past year lol

Excited to give this a shot.

What’s your advice for preparing my seedlings for optimum root stretch? How do you do it as far as rooting out your seedlings before you put them in the Hempy, and how long does it take for them to hit the resivior?

6. Skimmed your post think you’re trying to do a hempy thing? If you’re going to use 3 gallon pots which really is the min for autos IMO, it’s going to be expensive to buy the quantity of perlite and vermiculite needed to fill the tent. I used half a bail of pro mix and two 5 gallon buckets of perlite for my mix, and still need more soil.

It takes a good bit of substrate to fill that tent man, trust me. So you’re really going to have to shop around and find the best deal on a half bail of soil.

My 2c.

Oh yeah the whole reason I posted this. I know you’re tight on funds man, you get the dirt to fill that tent, and you’ll have a PH meter in your PO Box in the next two weeks max. Promise.

PH is a very important part of the game you need to get in on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hempy I don’t think you need to even go 3 gal . Your feeding daily. I think I even read S2c go 1.5 and did decent .

8. I run about 30% vermiculite. And as soon as I see a root popping outta my rapid rooters I dig a hole big enough to fit my rooter. I take a cough medicine syringe and about 1/8-1/4 strength veg nutes and water the bottom
    Of the hole with like 20ml of nute solution. Then I plant the rooter. Fill in the hole. And then in a circle around the seedling I give around 50-75ml of nute solution every day. The nute solution will build up in your reservoir over the course of those weeks and then you’ll see an explosion in the growth. It’s very noticeable like you can’t fuck it up noticeable. Then you fill the reservoir. This go around I’m going to fill my reservoir around 5 days or so and keep
    Feeding in a circle until I see the growth jump off.

Here’s the syringe and the chemdoggin sprout I just transplanted.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Set up my hemp Hempy last night. Used about an inch of hydroton below the hemp. Gonna try setting in a tray of nutes and see how it goes. Will post up pics tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Your the man bro! Thank u!

I’m gunna re-use most of my old soil, reammend it, best I can.

And I’ll save 3 plants for hempys :) 2 Hal smart pots is what I’ll use with a drip pan

11. Wow thx for the detailed tutorial! That was wonderful! I needed to see all that. Okay I can def do this :) I want to try anyways. Gotta squeeze EVERYTHING I can out of this run 100%

12. If your gonna reuse and recharge. Might want to let it cook for a couple weeks and then do a slurry test to check out the ph of the soil

13. You’ll see much faster growth outta hempys. And it will give you hydro like buds. Large,hard, and dense. It’s the best of both worlds. Soil/hydro that is anyways.

14. Also what else i do with mine is i have a compost bin i chuck it in there with veh scraps and let the worm do there thing then use that if its all ready.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I’ve got a Bucket I put all my fan leaves in to decompose... probably should have cut a hole in the lid cuz it’s a stinky moldy juicy mess in there lmao. I forgot about it till u said something

I would like to start composting tho for sure

16. First pic is the hemp Hempy 2.0. I'm a little worried about this. The solo roots looked like they were growing in rot. Will give it another go tho. The second pic is the kratky putting roots out.[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Solo hempy rootball. Looks and smells like death. It even grew a mushroom.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jesus a mushroom?! Lol

19. So that was your Hempy alternative with like rock wool and those rock wool like balls mixed together? Didn’t work out?

What’s the story behind that?

20. No, that was the hemp fiber. It is intended for quick growing micro greens. Seems like it started to rot. Might still try hemp rope. Should hold up better.