Hempwick - Where can I easily find some?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by imprettygood, Nov 17, 2011.

1. local headshop. got a 430ft spool for $35. humboldt was about the same price for 400ft shipped to my door, so I figured I'd just go to the lhs and pick it up instead of waiting for the shipping.

2. I like to buy my humboldt wick from ebay. they are doing next day shipping right now.

3. I had a sample shipped to me for free from this one company.. I'll try to find the website. You just give em your address and they send a little coil of it :)

4. [​IMG]

:wave: I recently got the pleasure to review Humboldt Hemp Wicks and one of the Quik Wicks dispensers and I can't say anything bad about the quality of their products. Their customer service was beyond what I had expected and was really impressed with how responsive they were.

[​IMG]

Humboldt Hemp Wick Review
    At first glance, you don't even need to be an expert on wicks to tell that this is a very high quality product. The wick itself is flawless. There are no loose strands on this wick whatsoever. As you can tell, the wick possesses this straw like color unlike Beeline or Ital which made it stand out. I was also impressed by how Humboldt wicks can hold their posture. It's thin but not flimsy. Upon lighting, I was very impressed. The wicks were thin enough to take the flame quickly and can be easily extinguished with a swift flick. Relighting it is a breeze too. I've also found that It has a more controlled burn, despite of how easily it can be lit. I personally like the fine flame for everyday pipe uses because its such a small flame that you can zero into what you want to burn. Fine flame comes in very handy when you're toking with others because of this control. Taste wise, it gives off little to no taste. Unlike lighting with butane, sparking with Humboldt hemp wick really does improve the taste of your bud. I've also noticed that my hits have been cooler in temperature compared to sparking with a lighter. Humboldt is 100% organic and is better than sparking with butane by a space load. With that said, I HIGHly ;) recommend this to anyone who smokes on the regular. You get the full taste of your bud and it's healthier for you :smoke:

[​IMG]

Quik Wicks glass/metal top wick Dispenser Review
    Want your hemp wick on the go? Definitely check out the hemp wick dispensers they have at Quik Wicks. Thanks to Mike from Quik Wicks, I now have a hand blown glass hemp wick dispenser with the metal top. It holds about 15-20ft of wick and is perfect on the go. The first impression it had on me was that it was cute. It's very small and can easily fit in your pocket and the best thing about it is that it keeps your wick lint free! The dispenser is also textured with green bumps for eye appeal but also serves as a grip. The one thing I do have a problem with is that the whole isn't big enough for the full flame. Fixable, but it did scrape the wax of the wick. Other than that, I love this dispenser and if you're a seasoned toker, this is a MUST HAVE.

You can get even get a free sample of Humboldt Wicks at their website<--

Humboldt and Quik Wicks have one of the best customer services ever.
    SO DONT HESITATE :D

For more pictures and videos, please visit my websites. :smoke:

5. [​IMG]

Beeline's Thick Wick Review

At first glance: it's THICK, lots of wax, and dark in color.

Taste: There's a little taste but it doesn't outweigh the full taste that you get out of your bud. You can truly taste the difference between smoking with hemp or smoking with butane.

Burn: I did a burn test between beelines thick and thin wicks against Humboldts thin and thick wicks and this one out beat all of them. It stays lit, easy to extinguish, leaves a strand of ash which can be dusted off easily. There is a smell after you extinguish it but who cares.

Overall: Great quality hemp wick. Awesome to use on big smoking pieces.

[​IMG]
    Beeline's Original Size Wick Review

At first glance: it's thicker than Humboldts thick wick, lots of wax, and also dark in color, if not darker.

Taste: There's a little taste but it doesn't outweigh the full taste that you get out of your bud. You can truly taste the difference between smoking with hemp or smoking with butane. [Same as thick wick]

Burn: I did a burn test between beelines thick and thin wicks against Humboldts thin and thick wicks and this one came in 3rd. It stays lit longer than Humboldts thin wick, easy to extinguish, leaves a strand of ash which can be dusted off easily. There is a smell after you extinguish it but who cares.

Overall: Another quality hemp wick from Beeline. Very consistent with their products. Like I've said before, if you're a smoking veteran and you do it everyday… kick the butane to the curb and do use hemp wick. It's an organic alternative and it makes a difference.

Check them out ---> Beeline Hemp Wicks