Hempwick - Where can I easily find some?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by imprettygood, Nov 17, 2011.

1. i'm from the midwest and i can't find good hempwick anywhere, and the stuff i do find is expensive or burns funny. for me, (because i just heard of hempwick 6 months ago) the "good stuff" is about 10 cents a foot, and i was out of state when i came across this so i stocked up. there's the Hideaway smoke shop that sells it in Minneapolis but it's crap.

is there any advice i can get on hempwick since i hardly know anything about it? is this worth buying online?
    (i'm not absolutely in love with hempwick, but i do think it's pretty neat!)

2. [quote name='"imprettygood"']i'm from the midwest and i can't find good hempwick anywhere, and the stuff i do find is expensive or burns funny. for me, (because i just heard of hempwick 6 months ago) the "good stuff" is about 10 cents a foot, and i was out of state when i came across this so i stocked up. there's the Hideaway smoke shop that sells it in Minneapolis but it's crap.

is there any advice i can get on hempwick since i hardly know anything about it? is this worth buying online?
    (i'm not absolutely in love with hempwick, but i do think it's pretty neat!)[/quote]

Humbolt hempwick is online, and I think they're fantastic, its all I use.

3. thank you! i appreciate it! already checking it out...

4. [quote name='"imprettygood"']thank you! i appreciate it! already checking it out...[/quote]

It's definitely more expensive than what you were getting =\, but their customer service and quality is top of the line. I have heard its relatively easy to make some of your own for much much cheaper. I know there have been some threads about how to do that, a search would probably bring them up if that was an option that interested you.

5. that's a good point! i'll definitely check it out for making my own. and by the way after researching humboldt hempwick, i found a link where you can order sample hempwick for free, they just mail it, free shipping. i can't imagine they send very much but it's a cool offer. i'm definitely in progress of being a full-time hempwick user.

6. Make your own! I just did today and it worked out perfectly! online you will pay on average $20 for 200ft of hemp wick.. for $25 you could make 1200+ft of your own hemp wick... its really easy to do...

1) Buy a 400ft ball of natural hemp.... costs $5 at most.. 3oz of beeswax will cost you $6-8(buy in bulk and save.. can get a lb for $15~.. which will make a shit ton of hemp wick.. but then you can make candles from extra wax to light your hemp wick from ;))

2) Set up a double boiler(1 large pot with filled with water with a smaller pot sitting inside of the larger pot)

3) Melt wax in double boiler... Add whole ball to melted oil... every 5min turn the ball of hemp over to make sure you are coating each side of the ball evenly.. repeat this process for 20min

4) remove ball from wax and shake excess wax of the ball... set on plate and allow to dry

5) use your wick

7. i would say humbolt it's way better than half the other shit on the market. the first time i tried hemp wick i got a free sample from I tal and that shit sucks it doesnt burn evenly and it gave of a taste worse than the butane. then i got a free sample of humbolt and i actually found it to be a quality product.as well as I noticed a difference in taste too

8. i'm definitely going to try and make my own! i wanna pass word around about hempwick where i'm from because it seems like 99% of people don't know what it is. and it would definitely help if i had my own. way more legit.

9. here is the vid i used...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCENNaJ-K1c]DIY - Make your own hemp wick; aka BeeLine, I-Tal, Humbolt, Quikwick - YouTube[/ame]

10. I've always used Beeline, it's great stuff. It even adds a nice flavor to your smoke ;) Burns well too.

11. my weed already has great flavor.. no need to add to it ;)

12. [quote name='"HotDish"']my weed already has great flavor.. no need to add to it ;)[/quote]

You already are if you use butane. Youre adding butane flavor. Tastes like shit, ive never been able to taste my weed using butane. If you use hempwick, youll be able to taste your weed more, as the flame wont burn as hot, no butane, and while technically the hemp wick adds a tad of its own taste, since it tastes like hemp theres little difference.

If you want your weeds taste and nothing else, an herb iron, hakko, or a hothit wand is the way to go.

13. A l t has hempwick for a great price that's where I get mine. It's like 25 bucks for 20 or so books of line. I bought 20 of them a year ago and I still have 10 left and I smoke everyday.

14. They send you 1 foot for free btw. Comes in a normal envelope.

15. I use Beeline....Guy from Hawaii. 17 something plus s+h for 200ft spool thin wax then 20 plus s+h for the thick spool...E-mails quickly on a response...All organic...Burns amazingly, no odor(faint if any), nice flame and it took 3-4 days from Hawaii. He threw in stickers, and a free 9ft packet that I gave to my girlfriend to share the benefits. Don't know of Humboldt Wick, but I do know Beeline. Haven't used a lighter since. Look up Beeline Hawaii.

16. I don't use butane. in case you missed any of my above posts.. the poster above was just trying to say how beeline added flavor to your weed.. which imo.. it doesn't.. the taste of butane is a thing of the past though.. which helps improve the flavor of the weed your smoking... and i'm not bias towards one company or another.. since i make my own hemp wick from organic hemp and organic beeswax

17. [quote name='"HotDish"']

I don't use butane. in case you missed any of my above posts.. the poster above was just trying to say how beeline added flavor to your weed.. which imo.. it doesn't.. the taste of butane is a thing of the past though.. which helps improve the flavor of the weed your smoking... and i'm not bias towards one company or another.. since i make my own hemp wick from organic hemp and organic beeswax[/quote]

Oh sorry, I must have misunderstood. I think it does add a little taste (comparing it to my hot hit wand) but, the small add on to the taste is so weed-like that you can barely tell the difference. But it certainly brings out the flavor in your weed WAY more than a lighter.

18. I'd go to a wand if i didn't want to have to wait to heat it up.. yeah.. sometimes im impatient.. hell sometimes i hate waiting for my vape to warm up.. and i dont wanna deal with a soldering iron.. because my luck i'd start shit on fire setting it down.. almost caught a couple things on fire with hemp wick lol thinking i put it out and it lights back up when i set it down....

The one thing about hemp wick products is that you are still combusting organic material... which is likely to have some carcinogenic properties to it... but since you are using such little its probably in parts per trillion

19. [quote name='"HotDish"']

I'd go to a wand if i didn't want to have to wait to heat it up.. yeah.. sometimes im impatient.. hell sometimes i hate waiting for my vape to warm up.. and i dont wanna deal with a soldering iron.. because my luck i'd start shit on fire setting it down.. almost caught a couple things on fire with hemp wick lol thinking i put it out and it lights back up when i set it down....

The one thing about hemp wick products is that you are still combusting organic material... which is likely to have some carcinogenic properties to it... but since you are using such little its probably in parts per trillion[/quote]

I mean, if we're worried about combusting organic material, then maybe we've chosen the wrong habit (but I guess you have a vape so maybe not =p). I have noticed hempwick doesn't really produce any smoke until its put out and embering, but I'm no scientist so not sure if that means anything or not.

But yeah, the glass wand can be a tad of a hassle. I don't have a legit torch or anything, just a little torch lighter, which gets the job done, but it means the wand only stays hot enough to work for maybe 5 seconds after removing it from the torch. Which is plenty of time to be honest, but it can be a pain occasionally.

I have a soldering iron on the way, and hopefully I wont kill anyone with it. I have burned a hole in my pants before with hempwick though =\, gotta make sure that thing is out before you put it down xD.