Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. i have been hearing a lot of different things about hemp and its confusing me

can anyone tell me what hemp really is

2. Hemp is a natural fiber product of the Cannabis sativa plant. Astute readers may be aware of other byproducts of this plant, but hemp is produced from a type of Cannabis sativa specifically bred to yield long fibers. Cultivation of hemp for industrial purposes has been undertaken for thousands of years, and hemp was used to manufacture rope, canvas, paper, and clothing until alternative textiles for these purposes were discovered.

Hemp has a very low THC %, so if you wanted to get high off hemp then you'd have to smoke a lot of it.