Hemp Wick, you ever use?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by glasscollector, Nov 23, 2009.

1. I just picked up 3 of these Hemp Wicks and was just wondering if any of you blades had used them before and how well they work, taste, etc.

[​IMG]

2. Most people use BeeLine, pretty much the same thing. I have never used it but I have heard all good things about the product and the idea of using it to light.

3. I do not know how long that string is, but the beeline pack is around 3 ft, it can last you 2 weeks or so if you don't let it run or if you dont share with people who think its a campfire and tell a story while its burning...I hate that.

But yes, I've used the hemp wick and I'll never go back. butane tastes like shit IMO

4. Hell yea. I love it :)

5. Yeah I only ever use hemp wick, tastes better and is healthy for you, its a win win. Plus its not that much more expensive than butane, it'll cost you at most 6 bucks a month and for your health and the taste I say it's way worth it :D

6. I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that I really don't like hempline, in my opinion it makes the weed taste like hemp, which I don't like. I've never tried beeline though. Also, I've never found that a regular bic gives anything less than a pure taste.

7. Just picked up some.
    Real nice!
    It seems a bit expensive, but in the end; its worth the better taste!

8. I just started using hempwick a couple months ago and to say the least using a lighter now is just an inconvenience for me if I don't have a roll of wick with me. It makes your joints just taste so delicious.

9. bought 200ft of beeline last week for 19$ shipped on eBay, cant wait till it gets here so i can start using it

10. i guess its better than a lighter.
    Its a little gross to think with a lighter your partially inhaling burning lighterfluid.
    I guess the hempwick is a peace of mind kind of thing (plus you dont have to keep relighting :smoking:)

11. I have a whole case of bee line, however many packs that is. I bought it because of all of the rave reviews of hemp wick and the HUGE taste difference.

To be perfectly honest, I don't taste much of a difference, if at all. I still like to use it, and dare I say, I actually feel a little bit higher when I use it. I wasn't "looking" to feel higher either, so it was weird. I asked a buddy if he felt higher after he used it without telling him how I felt, and he said he did as well.

I definitely wouldn't call it a waste, but I won't go out of my way again (ordering online instead of LHS). I don't think it lives up to the hype of the reviews, but still a worthwhile product if you happen to come across it.

I may fit into the minority and be "that guy" as well. :eek:

12. Cool, thanks for the post, I had not heard about the better taste, pretty stoked now for them to get here. Thanks blades.

13. the promote it as healthy and better tasting

now, i used beeline off and on for a while
    and finally got around to picking up a 200foot spool of beeline. different brand, same idea.

the 1st time i used it, i tasted the difference. and since ive got this spool i hate using lighters, the taste isnt THAT much better, but it is noticeable IMO.

just dnt let the flame go out as u rip that bowl
    cuz sometimes some of the hemp smoke goes in from the flame being put out.

14. To the people who think beeline isnt a difference in taste, you really dont know anything. I was using beeline every time i smoked for 1 1/2 years and i just recently ran out and started to use a lighter again (unfortunatley :mad:) And personally i completely tell the difference between the two. Smoking hash and headies with beeline isnt even comparable with a lighter. I actually can taste the gross butane and im noticing a small headache each time i use a lighter. With beeline it always felt like a nice, clean high. With butane it feels like a gross, sluggish high. But that's just my two cents :p

15. i totally agree
    sucks about the headaches tho man ://

i havent experienced that
    but i know that wen i use a lighter and am towards the end of a bowl
    u really can taste that nastyness

with beeline i can hit a cashed bowl till it clears and not make an EW fast afterwards.

16. I have one of those short Ital lines and I use it if im near it, but I dont find myself going out of my way to. Doesnt make a huge difference in bongs, but dry bowls are much better.

17. yeah i was the same way
    then randomly got a spool just because, and for free.

i mostly sit and smoke on my bed so its easy to keep a candle lit and a spool sitting right there.

18. i can really tell the difference between the hemp wick and a regular lighter. But sometimes its just to much of a hassle to light the hemp wick and blow it out. I dont use it all the time but at least your not sucking in butane from your lighter lol

19. does anyone think the Hemp Wick can actually make the hit seem more harsh? (not extinguishing the flame, and keeping it minimal)

20. I've always wanted to try them.
    I'll get up to buyin some one day.