Hemp Wick Vs. Lighters?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Algore, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, new to the forum. Thought I'd post a good debate topic first. So here is the debate:

Which is better to toke with, a hemp wick, or a lighter?

Personally, I've always used lighters, preferably Djeep lighters since their flat surface can sit on top of a bowl to put out the ember when you're done hitting it. I've always loved Djeeps for that feature. But recently I tried a hemp wick for the first time and fell in love. You get so much more taste out of your buds, you don't realize how bad the taste of butane is until you've cleanly smoked your weed. Now I'm experimenting price differences with the two as well as how long they last. I purchased 250 feet of hemp wick from Humboldt for $15.40. That is a crazy price, and I'm sure it will last much longer compared to buying a few lighters every couple weeks. 

PS! A trick I found that saves even more butane or lighter fluid is to just have a big candle to light during your session. So you don't have to light the hemp wick up a hundred times with your lighter.

So let me know what you guys think, I love Djeep lighters, but you can't top the taste you get out of hemp wicks.

2. It's all a preference my friend.

Sent from my iPhone on the moon

3. Fuck. That candle idea... I may have to try it. But what about wax?

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. This has already been covered numerous times, use the search function before posting, especially if your new here.

5. Oh who cares man. People can continue debating on one subject for thousands of years I think you can handle another thread bruh. And to answer your question (confused-individual) no I haven't had any candle wax problems while using the wick. One time I accidentally dipped part of the wick into the hot wax but it burns right off. Great way to save on butane while using the hemp wick.

He cares because there are a couple of subjects mentioned every few days, and this is one of them. Drug tests are another. Both are annoying because there is no debate. It isn't a question we can answer. There is NO debate to debate for thousands of years. If you like the taste  of lighter fluid, use a lighter, if not, use hemp wick. Neither is healthier than the other, because butane is combusted. This isn't a debate.

Don't be a cunt when someone says that a topic has been covered. Aggressive use of "bruh" makes you look like an idiot. In fact, any use of the word "bruh" is idiotic and reflects poorly on you.

Whether you have 5 posts or 500 posts, use the search engine. If you couldn't find anything and someone says use the search engine, say you did. Don't be a cunt about it. "Oh who cares man". Everyone. Everyone on the forum cares because once you get into the habit of asking redundant questions, asking any question that comes to mind without some research first, it's really fucking annoying.

7. #7 Algore, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    Jeez man calm down. Oh no somebody posted a thread that has nothing to do with you. Better come in here and insult who posted it for being new to the forum. Thanks for adding so much negativity to a simple conversation. If you don't like the post you know that there is always the option of just scrolling down some more instead of getting even more aggressive. And calm down about saying a slang-ish word dude, this isn't a college essay. Just straight up playing thread nazi over here.

8. Good for you, you've been on this forum a while. Congratulations man be proud of yourself. At least no one else is being this hostile towards new members. Really trying to help the fan base aren't you? Guess I'm not allowed to post anything since it's already been posted before at some point. Go ruin another persons day man, I'll be toking and enjoying myself instead of getting SO worked up over a small thread.

9. #9 Duffed N' Slashed, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    I haven't been on the forum that long, some shit is just obvious. I'm proud of myself for lots of reasons, dealing with you isn't on of them, and neither is my online presence. When you have a question, you don't call your mom, you type that shit into google. You are allowed to post anything you want, but why ask a question that has been answered 1000000 times? That is beyond me. And the fact that you got aggressively passive (oxymoron) when you were told that this is a very common post. It's not my fan base, it's weed's fan base. I'm not getting worked up, i'm just trying to show a member the ropes, but you got very defensive, for no reason. Not to me, but to BurnAFewDown. One person corrected you, and I called out your shit. You had an attitude against another member, you got called out on it. That, if anything, was helping the fan base. 

10. Wish I could get better opinions on this specific thread but now all it is is an argument thanks to your negativity towards people.

11. Lighters< hemp wick< herb iron < vaporizer. Nuff said

12. How is the taste when using an herb iron? I had the chance to use one once but the thing was real cheap and seemed faulty. Been too long since I've had a good vape session.

13. It's.... Well, tasteless, but the combustion is what kills the taste. Hitting a volcano and mflb all the time re-virginizes your lungs haha. The herb irons I used took too long to heat up to be convenient imo.

14. I use one of these fairly religiously now.  I was skeptical of hemp-wick for a while but I now use it almost every time

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Here is a tip for using  hemp wick then. Using a big candle to light the wick saves a lot of money on lighters.

16. I use the candle trick myself, and I honestly have no preference. Sometimes when I'm very medicated the hemp wick seems like more of a hassle than a lighter. Butttt you can't knock the wonderful taste you get from the wick.

17. I love the hemp wicks but for me it doesn't make much since. I hate having to light the wick then light the bowl... if you are sitting in a session with some peeps and have a candle burning it is great, but I almost always smoke alone so it doesn't work so well for me.

18. Yeah the two annoying parts of the wick, having to light it and then put out the flame and ember completely. Adds an extra step to hitting your weed but you can't beat the taste you get. And I just got 250 feet of wick for 15 dollars. Wayyy better deal then buying a handful of lighters every month for more money then the wick.

19. yo algore, just read your op and totally saw you like to put your ember out, instead of using your djeep light and getting it all gooey, use this
    [​IMG]

20. Yeah i haven't been using my lighters for it anymore. I just wrapped mine around this little pencil sized metal rod. Works way better then the lighter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.