Hemp wick pro's n con's

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by FoRsAkEn StOnEr, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hey I thought Id see what the hype was all about with the hemp wick and picked up some natural hemp wick from my LHS for $2!

I know it's healthier, and looks cool

But

It only lasted me about 3-4 days, and keeps smoldering after you put it out until you lick your fingers and pinch it a couple times, and the smell when you put it out is slightly overwhelming.

Just wondering if anybody else has some opinions on the matter.

2. I also love the humbolt hemp wick. I tried 4-5 other wicks I found online but I ended up thinking theirs is the best.

3. humbolt is amazing. and i personally think the smell of hemp wick smells good. cons are it is hard to use it to get bud thats on the bottom of the bowl

4. Thanks guys!!! 200ft for 15 bucks and free shipping sounds dank!

5. no prob...i figured you didnt get a good deal if you ran out of wick in 4 days lol

6. I can definitely recommend Humboldt. Stay away from I-Tal if possible, better than butane but it is kinda shitty lol.

7. Yeah i didnt like I-Tal at all, way too much wax on it. I really enjoyed the humboldt though.

8. humbolt is the shiiiz . my sample lasted a good 5 days ( came friday). i dont even need to lick my finger with this i just pinch it relatively quick and yea the smell is just a tinytiny earth ?wick? smell lol idk . i if i had to relate it to putting a candle out , the candle would b a 10 and humbolt 1 or 2 on smell from putting it out. i also think it gives ur bud a more earthy flowery taste which is great in my book

9. I need to get some quality hemp wick then

10. Ehh I use I-Tal. I bought the 200 ft. roll. Once I use that up, I'm gonna buy some bee line and compare it. Definitely check out Humboldt and see how it is. Anyone ever do a cross comparison?

11. Yea I got some 420 natural hemp wick so it's probably pretty shitty compared to bee-line

12. How long was the $2 wick?

I bought the 50ft one from humboldt for about $7 delivered for a test try. I gotta say I love the taste and smell from it. 50ft is lasting quite a long time, I haven't even get half way yet after 2 months worth of daily use and use in parties.

I will purchase the 200ft soon because I love using wick so much, it tastes so much better than using a lighter and the whole experience of lighting it and putting it off is quite stylish/classy.

All my friends who have used it also love the taste and the experience of using it. Everyone using the wick have a different way of lighting it and putting it off, and I gotta admit it was quite interesting to observe.

I got a friend who puts out the flame by exhaling smoke on it. Another one steps on it. I just flick it out or smother it in the ash tray.

Using wick might be a bit expensive in the long run but if you buy in bulk I think it's very worth it. Hemp wick ftw!

13. Just emailed Humboldt for a free sample. I'll weigh in once it arrives. Thanks for the tip on quality!

14. Love using hemp. But only one I ever tried (and had available as an option) was the I-Tal at my LHS.

Yeah, it is fun to watch people put it out isn't it? I let it sit in the ashtray and burn itself out, but that typically takes too long, and it is still slowly giving off the smoke of it, so I tend to put it out myself.

When I do, I tend to flick it, like you do, or pinch it between my fingers. That or blow the smoke onto it a bit.

15. couldn't agree more! I love it so much 200ft lasts me 3 maybe 4 months ha...i smoke alot though...

its nice to see more aussies converting to hemp wick :)

16. Haha yea, it's a bit hard to multi task when your feeling stoned. I gave my friend the bong, hemp and lighter and he was just staring at it for about a minute trying to work out how to do it. Pretty funny.

Flicking is a new one. Oh the possibilities lol.

Man you must smoke heaps to finish 200ft in that time.

I tried switching back to butane but couldn't do it because it tasted like crap.