Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

hemp seeds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dragon613, Aug 13, 2011.

1. okay so bear with me here. there is this herbal store in my town and i went in there to look around. i wound up buying some incense but i noticed something that got me thinking. they had hemp seed for sale in there. it's used in bird seed so that is why they sell it but i checked their website and everything they sell is certified non irradiated and organic so that means they use some other method of sterilizing the seeds. what im asking is if your found a few seeds that did germinate would it be worth it to breed them till they were strong enough for drug use.

2. Hemp has no pyschoactives, which is why they are allowed to sell it in stores. You could try and breed them for 100 years, you will never get buds.

3. hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha

ha

4. why not they are the exact same species cannabis sativa

5. :poke:

6. I believe hemp is the male version of the ganja plant? No its not worth it.

7. Not worth it, hon, unless you are interested in CBD which won't get you high. (It has medical uses, dudes!) With access to a lab for testing, you could likely breed it into schwag in a couple of decades. :cool:

You'd have better luck looking for some seedy cheap weed!

Granny :wave:

8. #8 nug thug, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    what you are stating is a common misconception, it's all good though as I was once a victim of it.

9. Yeah man hemp was bred to be THC free, or weed was bred to have THC in it?? Anyways, however it was made, it has no worth as a drug, and the bud yield from the plant is not good. It's better suited in an herbal blend, as it can get you slightly relaxed from smoking it. But nowhere near high.

10. Hemp is the proper common name for Cannabis sativa. Marijuana, pot, ganja, grass and all the other names are just slang, or foreign words for cannabis sativa. Hemp plants make a precursor chemical which, depending on the plant's genetics, is changed into either THC, CBD, or a mix of the two.

As to how much THC various fiber/seed strains may have, well according to this study, it varies quite a lot! Some strains appear to be able to give you a bit more THC than is legal! :smoke:

Variations of D9-THC content in single plants of hemp varieties (full - 2000)

[FONT=&quot]http://www.ukcia.org/research/VariationOfTHCContent.pdf[/FONT]

Granny :wave:

11. hey Granny, what do you think of this article in this thread?
    Drug info - Cannabis Indica, Sativa, Afghanica, & Kafiristanica - Drugs Forum

It talks about c. Kafiristanica and c. Afghanica

12. It would be better to just pick up some mids and get the seeds from there.