HEMP: over 25,000 uses, Hemp can save the planet!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by green711, Jan 5, 2013.

1. #1 green711, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    Visit this link to learn a lot about the amazing hemp plant and how it can and should be used to produce Everything we need in an Eco friendly manner!

HEMP CAN SAVE THE WORLD!!! HEMP IS AMAZING!!!! - YouTube

HEMP:

#1 FOOD EXTREMELY NUTRITIOUS
    Contains almost all Essential Amino acids and all omega fatty acids 3,6,9!

#1 FUEL BIODIESEL 100% ECO FRIENDLY, NO POLLUTION

Farming 6% of continental U.S. acreage with biomass crops would provide ALL OF AMERICA'S ENERGY NEEDS!!!

#1 HOUSES "Hempcrete" breatheable walls, constant temperature no heating/cooling needed, no mold, no dry rot, no termites & LASTS 1000'S OF YEARS & carbon negative footprint & CAN WITHSTAND ALL NATURAL DISASTERS

#1 FIBER CLOTHES LAST 100 YEARS OR MORE!

#1 PAPER Hemp crops produce nearly 4 times as much raw fiber than equivalent tree plantations! Hemp paper is finer, stronger & lasts longer than wood-based papers. Bank notes & archival papers are made from hemp paper.

#1 MEDICINE HEMP CONTAINS ALL ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS AND OMEGA FATTY ACIDS & CANNABIS OIL CURES ALMOST ALL HEALTH ISSUES INCLUDING CANCER!

#1 PLASTIC 50% LIGHTER and 10x STRONGER THAN STEEL

OVER 25,000 USES!!!

-HEMP ALONE CAN SAVE THE WORLD!
    -HEMP CAN END WORLD HUNGER,
    -RESTORE HEALTH,
    -BUILD AMAZING HOUSES
    -DECREASE CARBON FOOTPRINT TREMENDOUSLY,
    -RESTORE FARM LAND
    -RESTORE AIR QUALITY
    -DETOXIFY THE PLANET

1916 Dept of Agriculture Bulletin Number 404: to get 25 tons of of paper grade pulp/hurds in 1 year you would need 10,000 acres for hemp vs. 40,500 acres of wood

Feb. 1938 Popular mechanics runs article called "Billion Dollar Crop" tells why HEMP IS BETTER THAN ALL OTHER ORGANIC MATTER
    Hemp based plastic was used in the first plastic car in 1941, developed by Henry Ford which was touted as 50% LIGHTER and 10x STRONGER THAN STEEL. Google, "Popular mechanics december 1941". http://www.ukcia.org/research/PopularMechanics/index.php

2. Check out The book originally written by Jack Herer: The Emperor Wears No Clothes

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

3. Yes that is an excellent book i have read it, i highly recommend it too. I think i actually have a downloaded PDF if anyone wants it.

4. hellyea i did a paper on this in college.

5. Im sorry but i disagree with the phrase -HEMP CAN END WORLD HUNGER...your telling me all the starving people across the world are just going to start eating hemp? Unless you are a farm animal, i dont think eating hemp everyday would be too pleasent. An extract might provide them with the "Essential Amino acids and all omega fatty acids 3,6,9" but is that going to end their hunger? No, they will still be starving, just more nourished.

6. People in Australia survived a famine on hemp seed meal you should read the emperor wears no clothes

7. Chapter 8 from "The emperor wears no clothes"

Cannabis Hempseed as a Basic World Food

In 1937, Ralph Loziers, general counsel of the National Institute of Oilseed
    Products, told the Congressional committee studying marijuana prohibition
    that "hempseed. . . is used in all the Oriental nations and also in a part of
    Russia as food. It is grown in their fields and used as oatmeal. Millions of
    people every day are using hempseed in the Orient as food. They have been
    doing this for many generations, especially in periods of famine. That was over
    60 years ago. Today we know hempseed is the plant kingdom's richest source
    of life-giving essential fatty acids, and may well be the cure for cancer and
    heart disease.

Hempseed: Humanity's Best Single Food Source
    Of the 3 million plus edible plants that grow on Earth, no other single plant
    source can compare with the nutritional value of hempseeds. Both the
    complete protein and the essential oils contained in hempseeds are in ideal
    ratios for human nutrition. Only soybeans contain a higher percentage of
    protein. However, the composition of the protein in hempseed is unique in the
    vegetable kingdom. Sixty-five percent of the protein content in hempseed is inthe form of globulin edestin.1 (The word edestin comes from the Greek
    "edestos," meaning edible.)

The exceptionally high edestin content of hempseed combined with albumin,
    another globular protein contained in all seeds, means the readily available
    protein in hempseed contains all the essential amino acids in ideal proportions
    to assure your body has the necessary building blocks to create proteins like
    disease-fighting immunoglobulins - antibodies whose job is to ward off
    infections before the symptoms of sickness set it.2
    Cannabis seed protein even allows a body with nutrition-blocking
    tuberculosis, or almost any other nutrition-blocking ailment, to get maximum
    nourishment.*

Even more important for building a strong immune system, hempseeds are the
    highest source in the plant kingdom of essential fatty acids. These essential
    oils, linoleic and linolenic acids, are responsible for the luster in your skin,
    hair, eyes, and even your thought processes. They lubricate (clear) the arteriesand are vital to the immune system.

These essential fatty acids were used by Dr. Joanna Budwig (nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize every year since 1979) to successfully treat "terminal"
    cancer patients, as well as those suffering from cardiovascular disease,
    glandular atrophy, gall stones, kidney degeneration, acne, dry skin, menstrual
    problems and immune deficiency.

This, as well as other research, prompted William Eidelman, M.D., UCLA, and
    R. Lee Hamilton, Ed.D., Ph.D. Medical Researcher-Biochemist UCLA
    Emeritus, to speak out on behalf of "the life-giving values" of cannabis hemp.
    They state: "These essential oils support the immune system and guard against viral and other insults to the immune system. Studies are in progress using the essential oils to support the immune systems of persons with the H.I.V. virus. So far they have been extremely promising.

"What is the richest source of these essential oils? Yes, you guessed it, the
    seeds of the cannabis hemp plant. The insane prohibitions against the most
    valuable plant on Earth, cannabis hemp, must yield to public demand. The
    promise of super health and the possibility of feeding the world is at our
    fingertips." (December 29, 1991 and July 1997)

Hempseed extracts, like soybeans, can be spiced to taste like chicken, steak, or pork and can be used to make tofu-type curd and margarine, at less cost than soybeans. Sprouting any seed improves its nutritional value and hemp can be sprouted and used like any other seed sprout for salads or cooking.

Sprouted hempseeds make milk, just as soybeans do. Alan "Birdseed" Brady of
    Santa Cruz, California and Abba Das of Colorado use this milk to make a
    delicious and nutritious ice cream in many flavors that actually lowers
    cholesterol levels.

Hempseed is ground and used like flour, or cooked, then sweetened and
    combined with milk to produce a nutritional breakfast cereal - like oatmeal or
    cream of wheat. This type of porridge is known as a gruel. (Like the fiber,
    hempseeds will not get you high.)

"Hemp is a favorite [bird seed] because of its nourishing oily
    content." (Margaret McKenny, Birds in the Garden, Reynal & Hitchcock, NY,
    1939.) Incredibly, when cannabis hemp is grown for seed, half the weight of
    the mature, harvested female plant is seed!

English and European fisherman who cast in freshwater lakes and rivers first
    told me in 1995 that hempseed has always been the preferred bait in Europe
    for chumming - that is, casting the hempseeds on the water - causing the fish to scramble from all over to get the seeds, thereby getting caught. Not one of the many European fisherman I talked to knew that hemp seeds and marijuana were one in the same. So hempseed is the favorite of fish as well as most birds.

The byproduct of pressing hempseed for its nutritious vegetable oil is a high
    protein seed cake. Hempseed cake was one of the world's principal animal
    feeds until this century.* Hempseed can supply a nearly complete diet for all
    domesticated animals (dogs, cats), many farm animals and poultry, and allows
    animals maximum weight gain for less than current feed costs. And without
    any need for artificial growth steroids or other drugs currently poisoning the
    human race and food chain.

Isn't it strange - doesn't it make you mad as hell - that the number-one food of all time for most birds, fish, horses, humans, and life in general, is illegal to
    have naturally and healthfully in the United States of America, as ordered by
    the Nazi/Gestapo-like Amerikan Drug Enforcement Administration and,
    through them, the USDA?

* U.S. Agricultural Index; Frazier, Jack, The Marijuana Farmers, Solar Age
    Press, New Orleans, LA, 1972. Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill; Udo, Erasmus,

Spectre of Worldwide Famine
    By itself, widespread use of hempseed food protein could save many of the
    world's children now dying of protein starvation! An estimated 60% of all
    children born in Third World countries (about 12-20 million a year) will die
    this way before reaching five years of age. Many times that number have their lives dramatically shortened and/or their brains decimated.

Remember, hemp is a hearty plant that grows almost anywhere, even in
    adverse conditions. Australians survived two prolonged famines in the 19th
    Century using almost nothing except hempseeds for protein and hemp leaves
    for roughage.

Furthermore, recent studies indicate that depletion of the ozone layer threatens to reduce world soya production by a substantial amount - up to 30% or even 50%, depending on the fluctuation of the density of the ozone shield. But hemp, on the other hand, resists the damage caused by increasing ultraviolet radiation and actually flourishes in it by producing more cannabinoids which provide protection from ultraviolet light.

It's no wonder that some Central and South Americans hate America and want
    us out: they see us as ignorant killers. For years, our government demanded
    the paraquat poisoning of their lands; lands these farmers had grown cannabis
    on by law since 1545, when King Philip of Spain ordered it thrown
    throughout his empire to provide food, sails, rope, towels, sheets and shirts -
    as well as providing one of the people's most important medicines for fever,
    childbirth, epilepsy, and poultices for rheumatism - in short, one of the oldest
    livelihoods, medicines, food staples and relaxational pleasures.

In South and Central America today, anyone who is caught growing their old
    staple, cannabis, has his land expropriated and is imprisoned by the U.S.
    supported government/military leaders who then qualify for more American
    foreign and military aid in exchange for continuing this policy of wiping out
    cannabis.

A Fundamental Biological Link in the Food Chain
    Our politicians, who made these marijuana prohibition laws based on years of
    disinformation (deliberate misinformation), may have doomed not only birds
    but also the human race to extinction from another direction.
    Many animals eat birds and their eggs. Birds in the wild are essential to the
    food chain; and they continue to diminish in population due to, among other
    things, petrochemical pesticides, herbicides and the lack of hempseed! With
    hempseed in their diet, birds will live 10-20% longer; have more offspring,
    and their feathers will have more luster and oil, allowing longer flight.

Prior to 1937, there were more than 10 million acres of seed-laden cannabis
    hemp growing wild in the U.S. Hundreds of millions of birds fed off them as
    their favorite and most necessary food until our government began its policy
    of total eradication of this most primary link in the food chain.
    Oblivious to these inherent biocidal (killing all life) dangers, our government
    continues this insane policy to exterminate the Earth's number one life giving
    plant both here and abroad.

In May 1988, the U.S. asked the United Nations to outlaw cannabis in all
    forms, including: medicine, food, paper, cloth, and any other use whatsoever.
    Our government wants to urge the United Nations to begin the largest and
    most comprehensive program of eradication of any plant in the history of the
    Earth until not one hemp plant of any type remains. This is the
    recommendation of former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and his
    Republican congress along with many of their Democratic partners in crime
    against the natural Earth.

8. #8 green711, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    Awesome v thanks

9. It can be read on jackherer.com/thebook

10. Me too. It was for a speech class so I decided to a topic on "Why Marijuana should be legalized" and made sure to include Hemp and versatile uses of this interesting plant. I got a B+ because my professor said I didn't look at him in the eye lol

11. #11 AfganiKush, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    I never said you couldnt survive off of hemp. I just pointed out it wouldnt be very pleasurable. And i wouldnt call it ending world hunger, as you worded it yourself, they survived. Surviving is not thriving. I could survive off of food suplements and water, but i would not be content w/o actual food. So you may be able to survive off of hemp, but is the world really going to be free of hunger?

12. Yes, the world could be free of hunger and healthy.

13. Very well then, we'll leave it at that :)

14. #14 TheWorst24, Jan 7, 2013
    Please do, because you never had an articulate/logical argument to begin with.

Edit: Awesome stuff by the way, I want to have a small hemp farm when i get older :)

And does anybody have any information on regards to the energy-return ratio of hemp in the energy sector? I've been interested in this, biofuels could become a decent source of energy if our technology in the breakdown of cellulosic/hemi-cellulosic tissues are improved. I know corn-ethanol and sugarcane, for example, are 1.3:1 and 5:1 respectively. I would assume hemp would fall somewhere in between there?

15. Hempseed contains 30% (by volume) oil.

Hemp stems are 80% hurds (pulp byproduct after the hemp fiber is removed
    from the plant). Hemp hurds are 77% cellulose - a primary chemical feed
    stock (industrial raw material) used in the production of chemicals, plastics
    and fibers. Depending on which U.S. agricultural report is correct, an acre of
    full grown hemp plants can sustainably provide from four to 50 or even 100
    times the cellulose found in cornstalks, kenaf, or sugar cane - the planet's next
    highest annual cellulose plants.

Each acre of hemp would yield 1,000 gallons of methanol. Fuels from hemp,
    along with the recyclingof paper, etc., would be enough to run American
    virtually without oil.

Hemp is Earth's number one biomass resource; it is capable of producing 10
    tons per acre in four months. Hemp is easy on the soil,* sheds its lush foliage
    throughout the season, adding mulch to the soil and helping retain moisture.
    Hemp is an ideal crop for the semi-arid West and open range land.

* Adam Beatty, vice president of the Kentucky Agricultural Society, reported
    instances of good crops of hemp on the same ground for 14 years in a row
    without a decline in yield. Betty, A., Southern Agriculture, C.M. Saxton &
    Co., NY: 1843, pg. 113. USDA Yearbook, 1913.
    Hemp is the only biomass source available that is capable of making the U.S.
    energy independent. Ultimately, the world has no other rational enfironmental
    choice but to give up fossil fuels.

Farming only 6% of continential U.S. acreage with biomass crops would
    provide all of America's gas and oil energy needs, ending dependence upon
    fossil fuels.

This is all from "The emperor wears no clothes"

16. I think a better headline would be, "hemp can save humanity." the planet will be here with or without us, we're but a temporary scar, IMO. Other than that, great post and info. Thanks for sharing.

17. i am in no way shape or form doubting or denouncing anything previously posted, but why the fuck would it still be illegal if it could do all this stuff? couldnt they make just growing male plants for hemp be legal?

18. Anything that threatens the majority of industries but could be made from one plant will remain illegal, because the industries it threatens will use political means to keep it that way and demonize it.

At the same time, the u.s. govt owns the patent to most if not all uses for the plant, ie, no company could use it without paying them and only after they, as an entity, legalize it and approve its uses.

19. #19 yurigadaisukida, Jan 7, 2013
    Edit: shoulda rread all posts before replying

20. Its crazy that popular science had a magazine about it being the next million dollar crop and then the gov said fuck that and shut it all down..bunch of assholes