Hemp oil a good anti inflamitory ?

Discussion in 'General' started by jaykewashere, Nov 29, 2011.

1. A friend of mine has had a lifetime of knee injuries from laborus exursion . soon they will be going for surgery ( just saying so you have an idea of the severity ) i was thinking of making several grams and mixing it with a jar of moisturizer or something ( topical application ) my question is . Would it be worth it for me to make my friend some oil or would the anti inflammatory the doctor is giving now be just as good? How good does hemp oil work topically how does it work and how long does it take ? Thanks :)

2. I plan to make green oil from iso also . Taste and cloryphyll won't be an issue as it will be used topically . And I want to get the most out of it

3. I dont believe HEMP oil is an effective anti inflammatory..smoking cannabis has anti inflmmatory effects but honestly whatever topical analgesic the doc gives will work fine..dont bpther with the oil

4. [quote name='"qwerty man"']I dont believe HEMP oil is an effective anti inflammatory..smoking cannabis has anti inflmmatory effects but honestly whatever topical analgesic the doc gives will work fine..dont bpther with the oil[/quote]

K , I guess a few doobies will make a better gift . Thanks

5. These may be of interest to you.

Topical cannabinoid enhances topical morphine antinociception. (abst - 2003) (antinociception = pain killing)
    Topical cannabinoid enhances topical morphine antinocic... [Pain. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI

Patent 6949582 - Method of relieving analgesia and reducing inflamation using a cannabinoid delivery topical liniment (full - 2005) Method of relieving analgesia and reducing inflamation using a cannabinoid delivery topical liniment - US Patent 6949582 Full Text

Making HAO~Holy Annointing Oil~From Healing Hemp Oil~for Pain & Healing (forum thread - 2009)
    Making HAO~Holy Annointing Oil~From Healing Hemp Oil~for Pain & Healing - GreenPassion - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis

6. ^ that would only work with actual buds though, right? Because I don't think hemp fiber contains enough cannabinoids to be of any real use..

7. #7 BadKittySmiles, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    Cannabis oil is amazing when used for topical applications! Besides improving the health of the skin itself, it penetrates deep and it improves flexibility and movement, and dramatically reduces pain in localized areas, without 'doping up' a patient. :)

It has changed the way many patients live, it's improved their quality of life, and has allowed some patients to stop using less-effective pharmaceutical oral and topical treatments, all together.

From the CannaPharm...

" Coconut oil is great as a topical remedy all on its own, many people buy it for
    their skin and hair... it's 'less greasy feeling' if that makes sense, and it is less thin than
    other oils so it stays in place a bit better if you're trying to localize the treatment, but
    if I were to suggest anything to enhance your topical use (besides coconut oil), I'd
    say absolutely experiment with emu oil, aloe vera, l-arginine, and glycerin. They
    work GREAT topically in conjunction with canna, and with lecithin, and a little heat,
    they all blend together very well. [​IMG]

Can.Emu: An Effective Topical Pain Treatment

[​IMG]

Immediately after mixing; you can see that the homogenizing/emulsifying agent in the blue menthol blend aids in homogenization here, as well, without even heating or sitting.
    Presumably, more is used to keep the menthol from separating during storage. After
    a gentle heat and 'whisk', in about a weeks sitting-time, they are ready for use.
    A full tutorial with before-and-after shots will be included in the book (where this is
    the edible section, and the below two treatments are not edible. [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

This treatment however, is both edible and topical. [​IMG] A pre-sit shot, in a few weeks it becomes translucent
    and ready for use.
    [​IMG]"

And..
    http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6949582/fulltext.html

Hope this helps. :)

8. I think this is the second or third time in less than 24hrs that I've started writing a post in an almost-empty thread, only to find out that I've dilly-dallied long enough for you to 'ninja' me, Storm Crow. :p :hello:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cannabis is awesome as an anti-inflammatory...it's helped me a ton

10. [quote name='"qwerty man"']^ that would only work with actual buds though, right? Because I don't think hemp fiber contains enough cannabinoids to be of any real use..[/quote]

By hemp I meant buds .. It is still the hemp plant

11. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']Cannabis oil is amazing when used for topical applications! Besides improving the health of the skin itself, it penetrates deep and it improves flexibility and movement, and dramatically reduces pain in localized areas, without 'doping up' a patient. :)

It has changed the way many patients live, it's improved their quality of life, and has allowed some patients to stop using less-effective pharmaceutical oral and topical treatments, all together.

From the CannaPharm...

" Coconut oil is great as a topical remedy all on its own, many people buy it for
    their skin and hair... it's 'less greasy feeling' if that makes sense, and it is less thin than
    other oils so it stays in place a bit better if you're trying to localize the treatment, but
    if I were to suggest anything to enhance your topical use (besides coconut oil), I'd
    say absolutely experiment with emu oil, aloe vera, l-arginine, and glycerin. They
    work GREAT topically in conjunction with canna, and with lecithin, and a little heat,
    they all blend together very well.

Can.Emu: An Effective Topical Pain Treatment

Immediately after mixing; you can see that the homogenizing/emulsifying agent in the blue menthol blend aids in homogenization here, as well, without even heating or sitting.
    Presumably, more is used to keep the menthol from separating during storage. After
    a gentle heat and 'whisk', in about a weeks sitting-time, they are ready for use.
    A full tutorial with before-and-after shots will be included in the book (where this is
    the edible section, and the below two treatments are not edible. )

This treatment however, is both edible and topical. A pre-sit shot, in a few weeks it becomes translucent
    and ready for use.
    "

And..
    http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6949582/fulltext.html

Hope this helps. :)[/quote]

Thanks man, I'll rep when on a computer :) is that tincture or oil that you added to the coco oil