Hemp for earth day

Discussion in 'General' started by Chaohinon, Apr 15, 2008.

1. The city hall in my town is holding some sort of earth day shindig on april 22nd, with speakers and about 20 tables with information on various conservation topics. Of course, I have no idea whether or not hemp will be brought up here, but from looking around at typical green movements in the past several years, there's been a disturbing lack of mention for this miracle plant. So I'm planning on writing up an essay on the subject, with an eye-catching general-information section on the opposite side, all espousing the the benefits it could bring to our country if it were fully legalized, as well as striking down the Anslinger/Hearst disinformation. I'll print off as many copies as I can and spend the day handing them off to whoever's willing to listen.

I'm confident I could cover the subject well enough, but just to be sure I don't miss anything, I'd like to take any suggestions you guys might have to offer.

Thanks.

2. Wow, I just spoke to the woman that runs this event. She's excited about my aspirations, because, get this: out of all 20 tables and all of the speakers scheduled for the day, not one single person plans on bringing up the subject of hemp.

I have never been so ashamed of my country as I am right now.

3. Good luck, man. :D I'm glad to see you're going to act on the issue as well. :D

4. Do it. I am interested in seeing the end result.

5. Good on ya!
    Maybe you could ask her for 5 minute of time just to raise awareness.

6. Around 4:00, when the live music portion is finished up, it basically becomes a free-for-all open-house deal. I'll definitely be grabbing the mic then.

7. sounds awesome man, good luck. Spread the good word!:smoking:

8. thats great +rep fasho