Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hemp Facts (FFotD)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 420Hazo, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Another cool article i wanted to share with you guys, however...i'll just take snippets out of it and insert them as facts :D

Hemp Facts

• For thousands of years, 90% of all ships' sails and rope were made from hemp. The word 'canvas' is Dutch for cannabis; Webster's New World Dictionary.

• The first Bibles, maps, charts, the first drafts of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were made from hemp; U.S. Government Archives.

• Hemp has a higher quality fiber than wood fiber. Far fewer caustic chemicals are required to make paper from hemp than from trees. Hemp paper does not turn yellow and is very durable.

• Industrial hemp has a THC content of between 0.05 and 1%. Marijuana has a THC content of 3% to 20%. Getting high from hemp is nearly impossible.

• Hemp fibers are longer, stronger, more absorbent and more mildew-resistant than cotton. Fabrics made of at least one-half hemp block the sun's UV rays more effectively than other fabrics.

• In 1935 116 million pounds (58,000 tons) of hemp seed was used to make paints and varnishes

• Hemp seed was the # 1-selling bird feed; 4 million pounds were sold in the U.S. in 1937.

• Hemp seed oil is the highest source of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids which help control cholesterol, arterial blockage and the immune system.

2. Man I love weed.