Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Tinctures Hemp CBD Tincture or Drops

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by rawdney, Jan 28, 2021.

1. I got a free sample of some Hemp CBD Tincture and it seems to be helping my anxiety. I’m trying to do some research to find a reliable source. I found some that a dispensery 30 miles south of here sells and I trust that store. (Their weed selection is excellent). However, this company that manufactures the product I’m interested in calls their product “Drops”, not Tincture. Here is a reply I got from the company that manufactures the drops.

"In Oregon they are technically 'tinctures'. However, we (and others we know) use Drops to try to explain that these are not derived with alcohol (which is 'normal' for tinctures)".

How true is their statement? Is there something I’m missing here?

2. @rawdney I don't know what you're asking. What they says makes sense. Are you getting the same brand as your sample? That might be wise as you know it works.

3. I have never heard of tinctures called drops before. I’m asking if they are the same, and if so, why do some companies call them tinctures and some call them drops.

As for what I have now, the place I purchased it from is one of those places that scam people into buying stuff without their knowledge. It’s a principle with me. I avoid places like that like the plague, but I succumbed to this one and I’m embarrassed that I did it. I will not purchase from them again. I’m looking for something that is sold by a local dispensary that I can trust.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tinctures and oils are not the same. Different process and carriers. Tinctures are alcohol based and those drops I’m assuming are oil based.

5. "In Oregon they are technically 'tinctures'. However, we (and others we know) use Drops to try to explain that these are not derived with alcohol (which is 'normal' for tinctures)".

6. I’ve been able to figure out the difference between tinctures and oil, (not that I understand it) but no amount of searching turns up anything about “drops”. If drops and oil are the same, I have to wonder why this company, or others, use the term “drops. Color me extremely confused, even tho this may be second nature to many in this forum.

I’d like to purchase the right stuff that is going to work for me, but it looks like there is no way for me to find out which is better for me than to buy both and try both. I’m a 60 mile round trip from the nearest dispensary, so I would prefer to order online.

I see bottles offered in 1,500mg, 3,000mg and 6,000mg. How do these numbers relate to potency and how long they last. 12 hours? 24 hours?

7. I’m not sure on the “drops”either. They may just be calling them drops to sound unique. Those numbers are the total amount of cbd per bottle (volume). Each dropper full is your individual dosage strength (which is usually listed on the bottle). Each person typically responds differently so you may have to experiment with it a bit but I always recommend to my customers to start with 10ml every 6 hrs and go from there.

8. I guess I remain very confused. I just looked at the product I’m interested at the site of the dispensary that is a 60 mile round trip for me. Below is a screen shot of the product. The store labels it as a Tincture, but you can see the labels on the product say “drops”, but the peppermint one says Tincture. Oil, tincture?? Oil based alcohol based. Do they do the same thing?

[​IMG]

I am so confused.

9. #9 AlRoss0908, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Does this CBD oil really work? I heard a lot of positive reviews about it. What's the difference between CBD oil and a joint? I know that joint is like a cigarette with a mix of tobacco and weed. I have already tried it. Moreover, I even order bulk weed Canada for different parties and when I hang out with my friends. But what’s the CBD then? Does it have the same effect as a regular joint? Honestly, I heard that some people use CBD oil and that it has some magical healing effects. But has anyone tried it? How do you take it? Is it true all this stuff that people usually say about it? It would be interesting for me to find out more about it.

10. Joint or a preroll is made up of ground hemp flower. The benefit of smoking it is it enters your bloodstream much faster and you get immediate results vs ingesting a product which takes a slightly longer time. I find it especially beneficial for anxiety when I smoke it, and beneficial for inflammation/arthritis when I ingest it.