Helping out a random dude

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GGrass, Dec 23, 2010.

1. I just had my lunch and walked to my favorite spot to smoke a cigarette.

And this guy approached me, and asked me if I could spare him a dollar.

I looked at the guy, and he seemed to be some sort of ... salesman who got fired or something like that. He was about my age. 30 something.

Looked like he's been walking on foot for quite some time. All dusty and shit...

But his clothes were still new, and he had a hand bag, the kind the salesman carries around.

So I gave him 10 bucks, and the guy seemed suprised at first, then took the money and thanked me earnestly.

And I told him,

"Go home, dude..."

And he got stuck for a second, and replied,

"I will. Thanks."

--

Just thought I write this down.

2. good on ya man, everyone deserves a break now and then, especially when times are rough. probably helped him more than you know

3. I give weed to the homeless guy that chills next to my usual spot in my city

doin tha right thing man

Ima give him all the fruit cakes that accumulate over the holiday

wtf is the deal with druitcakes

for real

cool shit GGrass

4. I hope it did...

There was this one time... if you got time to hear it...

Well, there was this one time, similar thing happened, but this time, with a mid-aged lady. In a gas station.

She asked for a dollar and I gave her ten. And I told her,

"You know, I come to this gas station all the time coz I live nearby. Now, if I ever see you here again, doing this shit, I'm gonna take care of you, do you understand? Now GO HOME."

And she got freaked out and left.

I never saw her again.

Which is a good thing, I think. It must mean she went home.

5. why would you tell him to go home thats like a homeless person asking for money and u tell him to go home and he looks down at the box beside him and he says what! this is my home lol
    and maybe he stole those clothes from someone u never know :D

6. "Go home!" lol. I usually give a few bucks here and there to charities when the opportunity arises, but most of the time people who panhandle are spendin that shit on hard drugs. Plus the homeless rate in Vancouver is unreal, id have to givem a months worth of paycheques to give each one a dollar.

7. she probably did, albeit a little scared haha
    what did you mean by take care of if you dont mind?

8. Where I live, EVERYONE has a home to go to. (South East Asian families tend to be pretty tight.)

Except American and European tourists who come here and never go back home...

9. I was thinking about shooting her and dumping her body in the canal when I said, 'I'll take care of you.'

For real man...

10. and then take back that 10 bucks right?

11. Yeah... if she hadn't spent it already...

12. you could always sell her clothes, or even her body and various organs

13. Good karma dude. That ten bucks was probably worth more to him than it was to you. :hello:

Seriously...its people like you that this world should have more of. Really dude...

14. I'm not a saint.

I give them money, not just for a meal so they can stray for another day, but so that they have enough money to go home.

10 bucks will get you anywhere within the country on a bus or a train.

I want them to go home because I want them off the street. It is not safe for me, and it is not safe for them.

And the only reason why I try to get them off the street with ten bucks is because it's better than shooting them and dumping their bodies in the river.

Like I said, I'm not a saint.

15. Haha its better than shootin them and dumpin the body. If people round here even saw me give a ten bill to someone then id be tailed until i got close to an alley, then id be stabbed with my wallet stolen and my smokes and buds taken.

16. your probably right

17. Worlds fucked up bros...just remember someone out there is fighting a battle just like you are. And their battle might be harder than yours is.

I try to live by this to some degree.

18. Knowing these bums are out there on their own choice, I can't really tell them to go anywhere.

And knowing how easy it is for anyone to become a bum, I can't turn my backs on them either.

I mean, one could be a millionaire one day and BAM!

The next day your out on the street, can't find your way back home.

Shit... people need to get their shit together. Then there won't be so many bums out on the street asking me for a dollar.

I practically meet them once a week.

19. Once a week. That's not so bad. Here one for ya'll.

Me and my girl friend went down south st. It's a spot with lots of mom and pop shops and food places along with plenty of bars and what not. We stopped in a steak shop and sat down to eat. At this time I'm eating a steak with jalepenos on it during a e.coli scare with them. Oh well. Never got sick, same with the peanuts and lettice and other shit.

Anyways, I pay and this dude is standing at the counter. He turns to me and gives me this speech:

Hey man, I've been out on the streets for like two weeks now. I'm hungry, haven't shaved or showered. Been wearing the same clothes.

He went on for a few minutes, I listened intently and took note of this. His shoes were new and clean. He was fresh shaven, his clothes weren't dirty, and he reeked of boozes.

I pointed this out left the joint. He followed me for about a block ranting and raving about ME wasting HIS TIME and was threatening violence. Unfortunately, and this sort of thing matters where I'm at, he was black and I'm white. It would have been nothing for him to swing at me, but something for me to initiate and swing at him. I gave em five and told em to get the fuck out of my face. It made me sick to my stomach, since then Ive had a sorta cold streak with them.

I've always given and still do to some point, but not as often or as much anymore.

Tonight, as with everyday, I came across one. Had just bought smokes at a WaWa. As I walk out this guy as for 50cents. I gave it to him. He asks for a smoke, I open the fresh pack and give him one, he then asks for a dollar. It gets old hearing the bus routine, just fucking be honest. He was tweeking. I don't need a lie, just the truth.

Seeing as how I can't pay my bills anymore makes it hard to do too. I use to hand out five and tens. Even gave half packs of ciggs if I had no money on me.

20. My first time in Van I had my cellphone and wallet taken by 3 dudes lol...