Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Helping my grandpa out

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jokerjaxx, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Hi so my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer about 2 months ago. He is at the stage four already when they found out about it. It's liver cancer, he is really weak most of the time and doesn't want to eat. My Family has been talking and they decided to try to give him some marijuana. He has never smoked before as far as we know, i believe that he shouldn't smoke it, because of his condition. We were thinking about maybe making some brownies or a tea something besides smoking it. What do you guys think will be best for his situation? any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. You could make capsules, a tincture, or other edibles, but I find the most medical benefits with smoking it. If you're worried about his lungs you could get him a vape, or even some hash would be better than straight buds. But if he's already at stage 4, I would just be worried about making his time more comfortable and not the long term health effects of smoking.

3. this

when in stage 4, its pretty much time to just make him as comfortable as possible

brownies/tincture/edibles of any kind would keep him medicated longer

but in his case, i don't think smoking would be the worst thing he could do :/

i'm sorry to hear about this, i know what it's like having family members with cancer, i come from somewhat of a "cancer family"

4. firstly, i am really sorry to hear this, secondly, i can only agree with what has already been said by the others in this thread so far. I lost my grandpa a while back, make the most of your time together - ask him to tell you some stories if he can, thats what i will always remember about my gp.

5. I'm very sorry . I think the family is right. But I would go with edibles. Know what a serving is though. It take awhile to kick in. If you make him something tasty he will like it. I'm not worried about health wise smoking it but I think the edibles would be better. How old is he?