Helping a friend?

Discussion in 'General' started by Per Waui, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Ok, short backstory.

My buddy is a good guy, my friends and I introduced him to the lovely buds and he has taken a liking to them.

BUT, buddy is in a rut right now. No job, no hobbies, not really shit going on. We are all trying to motivate him to start doing shit with his life, like really ANYTHING. Dude hangs out at home 90% of his time with his mom when he ain't with us...

So the dilemma is buddy wants me to hook him up with some greens. Not usually a problem but I feel like at this point dude needs to focus on more important things, like getting a life to put it bluntly. He's mentioned that he smokes and just sits at home and eats(has become a little chunky), and I get the impression he just uses it to forget about his problems.

I don't wanna be no nagging nelly or whatever, but I am real hesitant to help him out at this point. I kinda told him that I don't think it's a good thing for him right now, but that I'd be more than happy to help once he can start getting shit going again in his life. Like he wants to be an actor but won't audition for ANYTHING...

So guess I'm asking the wonderful world of grasscity, am I an asshole for thinking and acting like this with my friend?:confused:

2. No way are you an asshole in anyway! What you are thinking is completely true and i salute you for looking out for your friend in this way.

There are times in all of our lives when we are lazy, dull and basically doing nothing, going nowhere. Sometimes it takes a person close to us to make us relise this.
    Supplying your friend with weed while he is in this 'rut' is potentially gonna make him worst, so good on you in saying no. Stick to your guns and look out for your friend! He will thank you in the end!