Helpful Tips for Vaporizer Users

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by blackbur, May 7, 2010.

1. Don't quote me but I'm PRETTY sure Electus has a china whip vape, in which case obviously won't care about toxic fumes.

^ first post here in like 5 days LOL I missed you GC.

2. harsh man, it is a cheap vape. 65 bucks. but the best 65 ive ever spent. works perfect. no toxic fumes at all what soever and the whip is from a LHS. i dont know why you guys arent seeing that any possible fumes released can only get to you if you have your face right by the element (referring to the tape not the quality of my unit.) ive not seen or noticed any fumes being released. no melting of any kind, if youd try it you'd see. but you cant convince a retard to take the S.A.T.:rolleyes:

3. Some really good stuff in here, wish I had found it earlier. I had to learn all of this the hard way, probably wasted a good amount of bud in the process. It looks like you guys have just about everything covered but I'll throw this out there, even though it might be a problem only specific to my vape.

-Make sure that(if you're using a hose vape) there is some slack in the hose if the vape itself is resting on a hard surface; ours would come loose very easily and would fall and, on two occasions, break. And replacement hoses aren't cheap.

-This is also only applicable for hose vape users but, if yours comes loose easily be sure to keep a paper or something under it so that in the event that it does fall out, you won't lose any precious herb.

Two best tips or lessons I learned were, not to go overkill on the temperature and saving the used green for edibles or smoking(in VERY desperate times).

4. I like to re-vape the abv in desperate times. smoking it tastes SO bad imo. def tolerable in a blunt wrap though IMO :smoking:

5. I'm sorry, I really wasn't trying to be mean or anything. But if all you know of vaporizers is one cheap china vape, well you just don't know any better. For the most part I respect your posts, please don't take it personally.

There are lots of fumes and chemicals that have no taste or smell at all. The point is, cheap vaporizers are made with cheap materials that either are dangerous or don't work very well, or both. Get your hands on a real QUALITY whip type vape and you'd see the difference easily. You can't compare when you have nothing to compare to.
    And I'm not trying to get under your skin, I'm just adding so that this thread is more useful to people who are completly new to vaporizing/vaporizers. :wave:

6. Way to many people vape at too high of a temperature, I have no idea how many times I've gone into the Vapor Lounge to see fools filling up bags at 420 degrees. Turn your vape down a little bit guys, you will thank your self!

7. this vape has all the same features as a vapor bro's man. my buddy owns one of those and a friend of a friend has a volcano i was able to hit that one time, so ive tried a small variety. still my vape does the same effect

8. 2 things, the vaped bud, still has cannabinoids in them still, enough to use?

240C is HIIIIIGH!!!!

I used to start at 176C, then finish at anywhere from 185-190C....any higher, you are burning it, might as well smoke it...

My. $.02

9. Found out something sweet.. you can hold a flame to the bottom of your whip vaporizer and hit the screen inside your glass whip/wand so that hot hair passes through the screen and gives you a sweet vapor resin hit. i was able to get 3 thick hits from my screen given that I've smoked an ounce through this screen.

i figure the stainless steel screens are already pre burnt..hitting them again is just gonna get the resin off and clean it.

i'm not saying its the best way to clean your whip/wand/screen but its gets me pretty lifted off a little something.

10. Or just leave your vaporizer on full blast for a few minutes and then hit it with an empty bowl to clear the screen :smoke:

11. true. its possible to do that, i however don't because i don't want to harm heating element i never put it to the max.

12. hmm leaving it on max won't harm it if it's a solid vaporizer. another easy solution is to just rinse everything in iso

13. there is a bit of controversy about 'vapor residue'. Some people like to scrape and harvest it, while others just clean their pieces and dont worry about whats lost.

And yes, turning it on high wont do damage, just dont leave it on that setting for a long period of time.

14. the ceramic heating elements they put in most vaporizers are made to be used on high arent they? like a hakko? but you can change the heat to vape. i mean it's ceramic. it cant be detrimental can it? and doesnt da buddha leave a vape on 24/7 on max? and it has been the same one since they created it? clarification please, thats what ive heard and what ive always thought.

15. I completely understand, i just don't like messing with my own heating element, the first one started to malfunction from abuse(was snowed in and used it about 6 times a day...on off on off on off on off on off..and i tried to use the aroma bulb..) so i had to get it repaired and now i'm somewhat paranoid of how i treat my vapor bros.

also i have cleaned the screen from using high temps before ..the post above was just an high idea..vaporizing vapor resin is really really good and using a bic and some distance is a quick way to get it.

but like i mentioned in the high idea post..its just something different..there are better ways to clean your whip/wand..i.e iso alc and salt..etc..etc.

16. Yep, Im paranoid in that way too. My unit is almost never turned off, since I usually use it more then once a day, I just turn it all the way down, but not OFF! when its not in use. have not had any problems with my DBV and I HAD a VB a while ago that died.

17. yeah i feel you..for those days that are way too long/boring i find myself hitting the whip alot.

do you use kief with your Buddha?

18. yeah, they've had a Silver Surfer running for about 7-8 years continuously without any damage :smoke:

anyway, I usually just pop my screen out and either put a new one in or rinse the old one in a bit of iso to clean it before popping back in. da buddha is one solid vape.

19. No, I only use a 2 piece grinder.

20. #80 DrSteez, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    hey so i have a california vapor co. vaporizer and i dunno, it didn't really come with a manual and it works sometimes and doesn't sometimes... like i have the turn dial, and its not digital, so i usually put it at like 1 oclock and it would smoke then vape a little bit.. then i recently started it at like 11.5 or 12ish leanin towards 1, but i dunno, its wierd sometimes it doesn't work, and sometimes it works for days. i understand that finely ground weed is great for vaping, and sometimes less is more, but i dont usually over fill it..i mean the whip i have has like dimples, so i put a screen on it, but the hole thing for the insert doesn't have a screen either.
    [​IMG]

so yup.. :)