Help_Needed's "What the hell is it?" grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Help_Needed, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Hiya GC! Long time no see! Did you miss me? :D.

Meh, probably not. I've been gone so long most of you have probably forgotten me. You are a bunch of pot-heads after all :smoking: and we all know what that does to your memory lol. Plus, I have been gone for a bit. So, I'll offer a brief update and then talk about my grow....

As some of you might remember, my last grow ended on a rather...uh....climactic note when my roommate - aka my sister - found my grow area a couple of weeks after my last harvest. My sister is staunch Mormon and she went through the roof, threatening to call the cops, etc. Since my harvest was done, and I wasn't planning to grow over the summer anyway, I packed everything up and moved it to an off-site storage shed and then told my sister I'd sold it all (the equipment, not the weed). I'd already moved most of my stash off-site, so flushing the little bit of bud I had at the house convinced her I was clean. Did I mention she's also a bit gullible? lol

Well, the rest of the summer's went rather quietly on that front. But other issues made things somewhat exciting. First, I was diagnosed with IBD (irritable bowl disorder) about 18 months ago. Basically it's an auto-immune disease where my body's immune system malfunctions and treats ordinary food like an invader or poison. The result is nausea, vomiting, cramping, diarrhea and all that fun stuff. And guess what works really well for treating it? Yeah, you guessed it. So what started out as smoking every now and then just for giggles, has turned into an almost daily occurance. Needless to say I can no longer make a quarter last me all month lol. In fact the three ounces of Forbidden Fruit that I harvested last spring is almost gone. I still have a bit more than three oz. of White Widow left, but the FF really works better for my condition than the WW does.

And then there's the "what I did on my summer vacation" incident lol. Took a bit of a road trip this summer and got pulled over for speeding. It wasn't the first time. In fact I've gotten so many tickets since I bought a sports car that I was completely calm...right up until the officer asked "is there any reason why I smell marijuana in your car?". The good news was that I was NOT carrying anything, since I decided it wouldn't be worth the risk. The bad news was that I'd gotten really stoned the night before and I was still feeling the effects the next morning. For the life of me, I couldn't remember for sure if there was anything in the car or not :eek:. Fortunately, the cop didn't find anything and I was allowed to go on my way with just the ticket lol.

But anyway, summer's gone and it's time to move onto new things. The situation with my sister has calmed down a great deal, although it's still not perfect. There was some discussion of her moving out at the end of the summer, but that's been pushed back until at least December. But, she's actually warmed up to the idea of medical MJ, and she's even said she'd be ok with me using it for my stomach. So there's some breathing room now. Plus I've gotten into the habit of keeping my bedroom door shut and locked lately, so she won't be able to go exploring and find things she shouldn't lol.

Now...for the grow.....

While I was digging through a drawer looking for something else, I found a small packet of seeds that I'd forgotten about. They were left over from the 10 free seeds I got when I first ordered the Forbidden Fruit seeds. I originally planted 6 of the seeds but aborted the grow when the four plants that sprouted ended up being all male. The package was unmarked, so I have no idea what strain they are. I'm hoping they're more of the FF, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyhow, I'm gonna plant these guys and see what they turn into. It's not going to be anything too fancy, just my basic hydro setup like I ran last time. I'll probably stick with the Lucas Formula again, just to keep things simple. Once I get a bit of stock built back up, then I can experiment with the nutes and stuff lol.

So....now that you're caught up on the soap opera, we should start seeing some regular installments again. It's good to be back lol.

2. Welcome back man. GL with the grow.:smoking:

3. I think this turned into the shortest grow in GC history :(.

So, the morning after I made the first post here, I put my four little mystery seeds into some Rapid Rooters and prepared to start the grow. On Friday morning I was happy to see that one of them had sprouted. When I got home from work another one was just starting to break through. And on Saturday morning, I hit the jackpot. All four sprouted. I was so happy I just had to get some pictures and update my log.

Did I mention that I'd smoked a bowl...or maybe two....out of my new vaporizer before I checked on the plants? :eek: *sigh* Maybe that wasn't such a good idea....

Anyhow, I went looking for the camera. Found it but the batteries were dead. So I went looking for some new ones. No luck. Fortunately I have a boatload of rechargeables and a 15-minute charger. Just enough time for a quick shower while the batteries were charging.

Anyone remember my little dog? The one that likes weed? Well, your's truly was a dumbass and forgot to close the door to the grow area before I took my shower (which wasn't all that quick, either lol). And the puppy had a snack. Guess I didn't want to find out what those seeds were after all.

Aw well, this grow wasn't all that big of a deal anyway. The only reason I started was because I found the seeds and I was curious. Anyhow, looks like I'm gonna be ordering some seeds from HGS - probably Blueberry since that's the number one recommended strain for stomach issues.

Tune in next month when I try this silliness again lol.

4. LOL, this was the shortest thread in GC History. You planted and harvested in two post.

Congrats on the Harvest:hello::hello::hello:

5. hahaha, WB Help!

and it's over. :smoking: