Help!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bremachine, May 4, 2011.

1. im growing two plants and i want to know what size pot i should have. one of them is currently in an 8" pot and the other is in a 10". it's just reggie of course because i'd to fuck up growing something cool for the first time. so help me out please and thank you:)

2. It all depends on the size of your plants...small pots work best with less veg time and smaller plants...

General rule of thumb is about 1gal pot size for every foot of plant height...

Don't forget, when you switch to 12/12 (flower) most plants will usually about double in size...

Good luck with your grow...:wave:

3. #3 bremachine, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    they're already on 12/12 i think because i put them outside while they're in their pots. so whatever the sun is doing complies with my plants. i'm just not able to put them in the ground because the last frost of the year hasn't passed yet. but do i now need to limit the amount of sunbathing they get?

4. As long as they are not too far into flower, they may revert back to veg...it can depend on the strain (which you don't know) and the amount of light they actually get each day...not sure as I'm strictly an indoor grower and have never gone from flower back to veg...

If they are in flower, and you want to keep them there, try to limit them to 12 hours of light a day so you can get a full 12 hours of darkness...

5. #5 bremachine, May 4, 2011
    ok so now for veg they need to be at 8 hours of sunlight? sorry to sound like a total novice but i want them to be healthy.

6. For veg, you need more hours of light than dark...a plant will generally go into flower when it gets 10-12 hours of darkness (12-14 hours of light), so if you want to veg, try to get your plant at the very least 16 hours of light a day (8 or less hours of darkness)...

Standard indoor schedules for vegging are 18/6, 20/4, and 24/0 (hours of light/hours of dark)

8 hours of light a day will keep a plant in flower and will not be enough light to produce a great harvest...

7. #7 bremachine, May 4, 2011
    thank you so much:) your advice was really helpful