help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by crystalbuds123, Aug 22, 2008.

1. #1 crystalbuds123, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
    HELP,HELP,HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!has anyone had any experience with a strain called crystal it is a cross between northern lights and white widow. my problem is that the lower leaves are turning yellow and dropping off i keep my PH at around 6.0 but when i test the soil it's like 7.5-7.8 i just have one of cheap probe testers but id think it wouldn't be that far off but something is going on, the tips of the leaves are starting to curl a bit, it's not really branching out at all just straight up. i was running a 400 watt hps/mh and have switched to 1000watt HPS i have plenty of ventilation and the temps are pretty constant around 80-84 degrees with a humidity between 40-50%. any advice would be greatly appreciated. has anybody heard any bad things about the Ontario seed bank i went directly there to purchase these seeds i head that if the seed company's know your from the U.S you might get screwed..... HELP:(

2. Sounds like pH. Get some pH down powder and keep it from 6.2-6.8. For a quick fix in soil use lemon juice.

3. lemon juice how do you apply and how much,do you just squeeze the lemon juice directally into the soil, i have never heard of this i am using 3 gal containers anymore help would be great thankyou!

4. No squeeze some lemon juice in the water you plan to give it then water it in. If I recall it needs a lot of juice to lower the pH by a few tenths. Just put a few table spoons in a half gallon pitcher of water and see what the run-off pH is. If your soil is indeed 7.8 I would just go ahead and buy some pH down; you will need it. http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=47591

Check out all these pH products too. I would recommend the powder for soil and again it gets mixed in the water you plan to water it with. http://www.htgsupply.com/products.asp?categoryID=13

5. I have been told today that i may have been ripped off for $150 for the seeds i purchased from THE ONTARIO SEED BANK IN TORONTO ON 3351 LAKE SHORE BLVD W.I HAD AN EXPERIENCED PERSON COME WITH ME TO MY BUDDIES PLACE WHERE WE ARE DOING THE GROWING AND HE IS PRETTY SURE LIKE 99% SURE THAT MY NORTHERN LIGHTS X WHITE WIDOW IS ACTUALLY HEMP. LIKE I SAID BEFORE THESE PLANT ARE VERY SCRAGGLY WITH NO BRANCHING WHAT SO EVER.I HAVE HAVE 1 PLANT THAT IS ABOUT 3.5 FOOT TALL AND THE LONGEST SIDE BRANCHES ARE ONLY ABOUT 3-4 INCHES LONG. NOW I HAVE SEEN MANY PICS OF THE CRYSTAL STRAIN AND THIS STUFF LOOKS NOTHING LIKE IT WHAT SOEVER. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SEED BANK, ALSO NOW THEY HAVE NO WEB SITE SO I CANT E-MAIL THEM AND I DROVE 600 MILES TO GET THEM.ANYMORE HELP WOULD BE GREAT. PLEASE READ MY OTHER POST ALSO TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK,KEEP ROLLIN,ROLLIN,ROLLIN YEAH
    I WILL ALSO TRY TO POST A PIC WHEN I GO TO MY BUDDIES HOUSE THANKS AGAIN

6. You need to read about LST to keep your plants from growing too tall. If the plant is 3.5 ft and hasn't even gone into flower yet then it's going to be huge by the time it's finished. If you're concerned about whether it's a cannabis plant, why don't you just put it in flower, which I recommend you do anyway based on the size. You could give it a 36 hour dark period before you start flower to help it jump start the sexing process.
    Those cheap ph meters are pretty much crap, and I would recommend getting the best one you can afford. The only one I personally trust to be accurate is the Blue Labs Truncheon Ph meter.

7. the plant does have small buds on it it has been in flowering cycle for about 4.5 weeks and the biggest flower which is the main top 1 is only about 1/4-1/2 inches tall i mean even with size of the plant you would think it would have prolific side branching it it litterally straight up growth with side branches only about 1 inch long and i use a liquid ph test to test my water before i water my plants after i put the nutes inthe water i have never seen a plant grow like this , i am going to go to my buddies tommorow and take a pic so you can see what i mean this is why my 1 friend said he thinks i have hemp the plant really almost has no oder i know enough that even with little buds you will get a little smell any more help would be great thanks to the ones that have answered it is greatly appreciated thankyou keep rollin,rollin,rollin yeah

8. just wanted to let everybody know that the ontario seed bank has made things right with me and i have taken them to my buddies to get them started he said someone may have put the wrong seeds in my pack he thinks i got the nivarna special which is a tall lanky plant so we will see how these ones turn out he sent me MISTY

9. OK Well good luck.