HELP!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by brentberger, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Just came home from work sun going down and my female I have outside looks horribly like someone came and just broke all the stems which I know nobody did half the plant is like this half the plant is fine I'm thinking root damage because I had fungus knats so o took it out broke up the roots a bit and rinsed it out with 1 part peroxide 3 part water and transplanted it hoping for the best wish I got more pictures I can if you want to see the half of the plant that is doing good but the picture attached should give you a good idea any help would be appreciated as we are very close to flowering months View attachment 2483194

Attached Files:

2. I can't see your pic but if u tore your outside plant out the ground and transplanted it chances are it's gonna die.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

3. Idk why you couldn't see the picture I just edited it soo the picture is attached instead of on the post itself so hopefully you can see it now, anyway the plant was in a 5 gallon pot (with plenty of holes and air to breath) I transplanted it into a much much bigger pot

4. I’m no expert, and I could be wrong, but messing with the roots is probably what did it. Fungus gnats are nothing but annoying. They don’t cause any damage to the plant...at least not enough to do any damage or affect your yield. You are better off putting down a layer of Gnat Nix on top of the soil to prevent them from burrowing in the soil and laying eggs.

The majority of the times that you purchase any ready-made soil like Ocean Forest, they are going to come with some bugs...mostly fungus gnats. So unless you take measures to prevent this from happening, you’re going to have fungus gnats more times than this one.

I have a huge Tupperware container that holds several big bags of grow medium, and I use the container to add my amendments before I use the soil. Anyway, the soil sits in this big tub and I keep the soil dry. If there were any bugs in the soil I purchased, they will die off in the container without any water before I use any of that soil.

I hope you figure out your problem.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

5. I never messed with my roots until I seen that my plant was half dead.... and yes fungus knats lay eggs that become larvae which eat at your roots... if you read what I wrote I came home plant half dead so then I transplanted it breaking the roots open som3what so I could clean and rinse them of anything causing damage

6. Oh my bad I misread. I thought the damage came after the transplant. The gnats do eat on the roots but they aren’t going to do any significant damage. Maybe if the problem was left unchecked and became worse o we a period of 5-6 months, perhaps they could actually harm the plant. Idk. I just know what I’ve read. Used to get them all the time

7. Thank you i had thought the same thing that's why I posted on here hoping to get other ideas and answers... can you see my picture I know someone else said they couldn't

8. Yes I can see it.

What is your watering schedule like? Has your grow medium totally dried out ever? How often do you water and and how much?

9. I usually water three times a week including one feeding with nutes, she's outside and there's been alot of rain lately like alot I have alot of holes in the bottom and found it very unlikely it was just overwatered specially with how damaged the stems look and how large and healthy it seemed beforehand I checked it this morning so this happened within 8-10 hrs

10. Did it rain between the time you saw it in the morning and when you got home?

11. N
    Nope today was the first extremely hot dry day in a while

12. You got me, dude. I would guess it's a watering thing — either too much or not enough.

13. Thank man hopefully if it's something that simple that would be great !

14. It is almost always something small that was overlooked, but easily corrected.