Help?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by zachobnn, Sep 6, 2017.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wrapped my plants in this kind of plastic. (HDX 10 ft. x 25 ft. Clear 6 mil Plastic Sheeting-RSHD610-25C - The Home Depot) i know it's not technically for greenhouses but i was wondering of it would work for me. I wrapped it in anticipation of harsh weather coming my way. I don't plan to keep the heavy green tarp on top, I need to get something to pitch it and then o have more plastic to go on top. I've been told that it would get too hot in there. I live on Maine and this time of year the temps are 60-70 during the day and 50-60 at night, if not lower at night. I don't have it super tight. The gaps between each wall of the kennels are exposed, there's a window hole in the door, and underneath the kennel walls are exposed. I'm also wondering if light will emit enough through the plastic.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. plants are a lot tought than you think

IMO trash that wrap

good luck

3. #3 Deleted member 638051, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2018
    That's the same plastic I use. Normally I get about two years out of it before replacing. Eventually the sun will weaken it, then the wind will just rip it up.
    [​IMG]

Planning to up my game this season. Temporarily under construction. Gotta wait, it's raining today.
    4-7-18.JPG
    I live at the beach in California. Mostly in the 70*f range, but small heat wave in the summer. (possible 90's, but don't last long) I don't close it up completely air tight. My goal is to shelter from the rain and drizzling fog.

The best advice I can give you is prepare for wind. Build to hurricane standards if you can.

4. This is what I started with.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]