Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Uknewbie, Jun 27, 2017.

1. I don't think asking how their seedling looks is a stupid question. Some people have never seen a plant in person. I do think asking for an approximation is possible to answer though. I do wonder at people not doing research but understand that some people think it is far easier than it is in reality.

Dude, TBH, unless you have a full setup going I would stick to doing maybe three plants. 3 Max! If you do four and get really really lucky they will turn big and you may not have the room or light power to maintain your grow. Also, your don't want to be behind when it comes time for transplanting or being able to find nute issues and correct them, etc. Ppl get offended when some of these guys nip at you for doing something they don't like but they are well versed and you'd be wise to take the advice.

I'm not an experienced grower but I have been researching for about 6 months thus far. I will likely research a bit longer until I get my hands on the seed and that won't happen until I have my hands on most of what I'll need to do the actual grow. This is because I have some experience with a grow that I was unable to finish about 20 years ago. I tried doing it when it wasn't popular! My plant was only a couple weeks old and sitting in the window for light, no nutes, plain potting soil and a gallon pot and was huge but I had no control over it. I was completely at it's whim. This was before internet (fucking old!) And there was no information at my fingertips.

A setup and education is a good idea to say the least.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. #22 Robbie714, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    If I know the answer I'll try to help anyone, it doesn't matter who it is! we all had to start somewhere when we decided to start growing. But you need to have a game plan first and foremost before anything. It's not like you just get a seed and put it in soil then bam you have a plant you'll be able to smoke. The more information you give the better the answers you'll get! anyone on here I'm sure would help anyone including myself if I know the answer. You just can't answer a question accurately that the OP asked at least I can't anyway! I don't know what his budget is I can't dictate what he wants to do? If he said I want to grow one or two plants in a 3x2 space and I need to know how much lighting I would need to get started would be a whole other subject, because he would have a concept of what he wants to do. No one knows what he wants to do, that's his Call to make!

Btw: I'm not saying if you have a sickly seedling/plant don't ask for information by all means that's what this forum is here for! But asking how much someone could yield from a plant they didn't start yet is just a stupid question to me anyway. But others may want to answer a question like that but to each there own! anymore then one or two plants on your first run is just asking for more problems! Now if you read up like you mentioned and did your research like everyone else had to do sky's the limit then.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The newb questions arent the problem its the rejection of sound advice with no knowledge of growing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Right! There's plenty of people on this thread with good knowledge, but you need to know what to do with it! That's why he needs to read more about everything to do with growing from seed to harvest! He needs to keep it simple as possible! It's his first run so the simpler the better IMO anyway. But I agree with you no doubt.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #25 Robbie714, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Listen OP I understand your a newbie and want to grow! I'm sure everyone on here would like to see you succeed in that. Here's some options that you can check out. But here's some basics. you should look on Amazon for a tent a 2x3 or 3x3 it's up to you. then you need lighting which should be 50 true watts per square-foot. a 2x3 is 6 Square foot so you would need 300 true watts or higher that's one or two plants but you could fit 3 plants in a 3x3 no problem. but think less is more right now! The more light the more bud. I think Leds would be your best bet to start with because you'll be able to control the temperature easier. then you need an inline Carbon filter with speed control 4 inch should be fine for a 2x3 or 3x3 you'll need 4 inch ducking with two clamps. Then a couple clip fans and an oscillating fan to have blowing between the light and the top of the plants to keep it cool and to have good ventilation. then a potting soil (No Miracle grow), or anything with the MG symbol it's all time released nutrients. a bag of perlite to add to your soil for better drainage 70% soil 30% perlite depending if your soil has Perlite if not add 40% Roots organic is good if it's available near you. Pots I would go with 3g smart pots but start in solo cups to establish a rooting system faster, than repot to a 3G after they get the size of the solo cup. A Thermometer with A humidity gauge on it. Any soil should feed your plants for the first 4 to 5 weeks before adding any nutrients just use tap water. As far as nutrients go General hydroponics is cheap and works good you could get all 3 bottles for $25 depending on what size you buy. Seeds I would go with feminized seeds on your first run. I would go with an Indicia hybrid IMO. white widow isn't a bad strain to start with but there's plenty of different strains you could start with that's just an example. there's plenty of seed banks. The Seedsman, the Vault, Nirvana, hebbies etc... I'm sure I'm probably missing something. That's the basics to a Grow that will get you started. You might want to do the most research with your lighting. You can't go by what LEDs are described as watt wise! If it's a 300 watt then most likely it's half that or less. true watts or draw from the wall is what you want to go by. I would read up as much as possible about the lighting you get! use the stickies on the top of the page. Go on YouTube get an idea how it's done. there some videos that people grow from seed to harvest look at them, but reading is your best resource.
    Good Luck man!

• Agree Agree x 1