Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by antarchy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Ok so here's the deal. I have four plants in dirt and four in water. I have just added a 400 watt hps. To my box my exhaust fan burned out so I replaced it with a computer fan routed to the hps and a computer fan for exhaust. Three days after I got the hps i go out and check my plants and all the plants in dirt have major leaf drooping major. The hydro plants are ok though. It shouldn't be a watering problem (although the hps does increase b the temp by about 15 degrees! The dirty may be drying out faster.) I watered them extensively just in case. The leaves feel moist to the touch but sort of dry (it's hard to explain) they don't feel like any under or overwatered leaves do but they do feel different. Ya'll think it's faster drying soil or an exhaust problem? I have less exhaust and more heat (all ambient things are ok temp. humidity etc.).

2. The first two are from a day ago. then the light I have and then todays pictures.

Edit: it was water drooping. They perked right up over the past few hours. Those HPS are killer on soil moisture

Attached Files:

3. Yes droop is usually from under or over watering. What is your exact temp in the room at the hottest time of day? HpS and fans will dry them out quick.

4. yeah it's all about the water. It's 86at the hottest 70 at the lowest. I just wasent prepared for how fast the soil would dry out. The leaves where drooping again today I should have mixed in more perlite I guess oh well I will water daily I guess.