HELP! Yellowing leaves, Dying leaves, slow growth.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BobbieBigBuds, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Hey guys I am new to this forum, thank you for your help in advance. I have been having problems with my outdoor. Leaves with white marks, yellow leaves, some with brown tips. I checked my water at he it was pH of 8 run off pH was 6.7 from soil though. It does not look like nute burn to me, I have gone light on them with 15 15 15 commercial fertilizer. I am wondering if this could be heat stress from direct sun all day? It has been 18 degrees on avg. They are in 15 gallon pots looking ro

Attached Files:

2. I'm noticing that the majority of the yellow leaves are at the bottom-most parts of the plant. Usually an even paling/yellowing of the bottom leaves is a sign of nitrogen deficiency. The cupping may be due to heat stress.

3. I would lower your PH down, so the soil doesn't have to buffer as much. So it comes out soil closer to 6-6.5 PH. Try to get your water PH around 6.3-6.5 and not 8. I would never water with a PH of 8. What happens, and despite soils best attempts to deal (and soil will do a valiant effort), is you can get nutrient-lockout, which means that the plant(s) not getting other micro/macro nutrients it needs (such as boron, iron, calcium, etc). I would do that first and see if the new growth comes up happy and green. As @-Cannabliss- alluded to, your plants <also> might not be getting enough nitrogen because the PH is too much off for the roots in the soil to absorb. If using light fertilizer, when you mix it up, check/correct the PH before watering them.

4. About 1 week ago I realized my ph of water from where my outdoors are was higher and have since been lowering it to 6.3. I was hoping I was okay as my run off was still within my window and thought maybe I caught it in time. I only mixed in my 15 15 15 into the top 3" of soil as these where indoor mother's and were on liquid fert before (advanced nute line) do you think maybe the time release is not enough? I have only ever used liquid with success and now am affraid I'm going to loose the one momma she's not looking to good.

5. About 1 week ago I realized my ph of water from where my outdoors are was higher and have since been lowering it to 6.3. I was hoping I was okay as my run off was still within my window and thought maybe I caught it in time. I only mixed in my 15 15 15 into the top 3" of soil as these where indoor mother's and were on liquid fert before (advanced nute line) do you think maybe the time release is not enough? I have only ever used liquid with success and now I am afraid I'm going to loose the one momma she's not looking to good.

6. Okay
    Okay thank you maybe I will look into feeding with liquid fert as well, I am a little worried about adding much more time release in there.

7. Just don't overfeed them. When I was using, a similar Fertilizer (Maxsea 15-15-15..or was is 16-16-16?..I don't remember), I was feeding them around 1x a week..not every watering. When I first started out, I would feed every other watering, and they did not like that all all, getting all yellowed, etc.

8. Really, I was under the impression the time release fertilizer was only supposed to be re added every couple weeks. Good to know thank you.

9. You might be right.1-2 weeks. The Maxsea stuff I used was granules you dissolved in water, so it was available immediately and stayed in for x long until used up/washed away. If the stuff you're using is more time release (aka solid and you don't mix with water to fed)..yeah maybe go off 2 week schedule. Sorry, I must have missed that.

10. No
    No problem all I know is never again unless I go back to heavy harvest it was simple. This stuff has lack of info. Thanks for the help.