Help yellow taco leafs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by josephspare21, Aug 11, 2010.

1. #1 josephspare21, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
    wat could be wrong with my plants top cola leafs yellowing and its only 1st day of 4th week and also looking like a taco so wat should i do all other leafs or green and looking healthy buy thoes ones. all the huge fan leafs are a lime green color look like they wanna go yellow help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

u can see the color diff compared to the other plant next to it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. it looks like toxic salt build up
    did you flush when you started her flowering
    if not try flushing and add a little Epsom salt in the last of the flush

3. so its 2 times the voulme of soil u have u put water right? and flush one time then let dry then wat? and its only on the top leafs all other leafs r green and loving it so i dont get it sum of the yellow leafs r getting little brown spots to like in the pics

4. should i flush? and if i do will the soil dry i only got a 150 watt hps

5. how far along are you into budding? looks like the energy is just being diverted to the buds rather than the leaves to me it looks ok but not hundred percent, im getting a few yellow leaves but im not worried as they are on day 34 into flowering but only a few are going yellow on my grow is it quite a few that are going yellow for yourself? are the buds bigger on the yellowing plant or look skunkier... for me the ones that go a little yellow are just giving all their energy to the bud but actually tents to produce more solid skunk flowers... see how it goes you should be completly fine to be honest... keep us updated Chemsdog strain NFT SCROG NewZealand style - Grasscity.com Forums

6. #7 josephspare21, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
    well i am on the 2nd day of the 4th week and the plant is like 4 feet tall i see what u mean but why would it get those brown spots on it? cuz all the other leafs but the biggest ones r a lime green color sum or full yellow but all in all the plant dose not look like it is dieing but i would reather be paranode then having it die or sumthing and i was told maybe i should flush it since i was useing a diff nute for veging and a diff nute for flowering and it sucks cuz i have no idea for flowering time since sum one gave me the plant.

i am giving them nutes every other day

temp is around 83

7. You should be watering every 3 or 4 days not every other. your leaves are droopy because of overwatering, which may be your entire problem. Looks like the yellow could be a slight N deff so I would flush it just to be sure, then wait 4 days and water with 1/4 str N-P-K fert with good nitrogen. Some yellowing is normal during flowering but it starts on older bottom leaves first.

8. how would i water every 3 to 4 days if my plant by 4 olcock is so wilted it looks dead do u mean water mor so it lasts for 3 to 4 days?

9. i found this post on another site witch should i do if i have to flush.

Flushing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 3 types of flushing.
    1- Flushing for maintenance.
    2- Flushing for health.
    3- Flushing for Taste.

1) Flushing for maintenance This is a reguar flushing used to rid your plants and their containers of any Fertilizer(salt) build up. The norm is 2-3 times water as the size of the container. IE...3 gallon container needs 6-9 gallons of water run through it. A regular schedual of 3-4 weeks is best for this type of flushing. A 1/2 to full strength dose of fertilizer with the final flush is suggested.

2) Flushing for health This is emergency flushing. This for the "not to good looking" plant. This is to rid your plant and it's medium of any baddies. Like flushing for maintenence you use 2-3 times the amount of water per size container. A additive like Oxygen Plus or regular peroxide(diluted to proper strength) should be added to boost the oxygen content to the roots with the final flush along with a 1/4 strength dose of fertilizer.

3) Flushing for taste This is the final flush. You use the same amount of water as the previous types but this flushing is done 1-2 weeks prior to harvest. The idea with this flush is to help the plant use reserves of fertilizers in the medium and in the plant. No additives or fertilizers are to be used with this flush unless it's one designed for the purpose (yes there are some too). Some hydro growers run clear water the last 4 to 7 days to flush. The neccessity of this flush is highly debated amongst growers.

I hope this helps to clear up the term flushing to some of you newer growers or growers from other countries needing to know what the term means.

10. Pretty simple problem that is extremely common around here.

It's a magnesium deficiency, and it looks like it is just a little calcium deficient as well.

With the state of your plants I HIGHLY recommend doing a foliar feeding with cal-mag. Spray the underside of the leaves with a solution. You should also add a little cal-mag to your media. Dolomite lime, or liquid products will work well here. Epsom salt would be fine as well.

Your plant is nutrient deficient. Flushing the media could exacerbate the issue. I do not think you have a sodium issue, but it could be bicarbonate related, so if you think the water you've been adding is questionable then you probably should flush. But I think that should be a last resort. Treat your deficiencies and if you don't see improvement in 5 days then you need to flush.

11. Good answer man.

No need for a flush at all. Not when yer nute deficient.

She might benefit from some extra P tho.

This wuz not a Ca/Mg issue.

Freak
    :smoking: