Help with young plants (PICS)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Speedcore, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Ok, so I am just messing around so dont go to crazy when you find out I do not have all the proper things for a good grow.

So currently I have 2 plants that are roughly between 4-6 days old.
    I have 2 of those energy saving light bulbs that are "equivalent" to 100w each.
    [​IMG]

My plants began to stretch so I used some boxes to get them closer to the light.
    They are currently estimated 4 inches away from the light.

Will this setup give them enough airflow? ( they have more then that but it cut off the backside opening. )

[​IMG]

Its been about 2 days sense I moved them upward with the boxes and my larger plant looks really flimsy. (one on left)

[​IMG]

The one on the right looks ok to me except its seed shell is still on the leaf.

I water them with about 5 mist sprays twice in between the day.

Are they ok? Should I hookup a stick to the flimsy plant? Also, how much should I water them at this age a day I keep hearing so many different amounts...

2. The distance is fine. They could even be a bit closer. A light breeze from an oscillating fan on low will strengthen the stems. Don't worry about anything to keep the stem straight, unless it starts to bend over a lot more. Watering will depend on your soil composition and drainage. Try to keep it slightly moist but not so wet it becomes soggy. What has worked best for me is to have days when I give no water at all. Roots need to be able to intake oxygen from the soil and are unable to do that if they are drowning. I can't really tell but that soil looks pretty hard and maybe holds water a little too well. When the soil 1/2" - 1" below the surface is dry, then it's time to water again. I would suggest adding some perlite or other to increase drainage when you transplant. Otherwise, looking good and good luck.

3. Thanks tons, would it helped if I put tin foil on the walls and floor of the tank?

4. Tin foil hasn´t been made for years. But using ALUMINIUM foil as a reflector will be absolutely fine.

5. you can also buy a space blanket made of mylar at walmart for $2.50 and use that. Its better than the aluminium foil