Help with Writing TV drama (Uni course).

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by monster90, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Hey guys was wondering if I could get a quick bit of help for a course I'm taking at uni. Basically I'm learning hopefully how to write for television and as part of the course I have to develop an original idea and write up a portfolio with all details. Characters, plotting,themes etc.
    So basically I have one main idea that I wish to look at but two separate branches of the idea. I have to pick one as my idea. So as part of the course we pick either to have a 12 episode serial or a 3 series show with 5 episodes in each.
    So my idea that I wanted to do is all about those kinda creepy looking service stations you see when driving along the motorway or any kind of road.
    The first idea revolves around a couple who wind up staying their for 3 days due to their car breaking down in a very remote part of the country. This would be separated into 12 separate 5 minute episodes. And the second option is where I tell the story from the owners of the service station. I would have each of the three series looking at perhaps different people who show up. Of course there is going to be death and some perhaps supernatural element to the show for either one that I pick as well as comedy elements.

Any-hoo thanks for taking your time to possibly help me decide. As lovers of television I guess I'm asking for a direct opinion on which one I should follow through with. Peace out