Help with wiring CFL's

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sparky73, Nov 14, 2009.

1. On my box, I have 3 lights per side. They screw into these small black sockets, which then have a + and - terminal on the bottom. The type that you tighten the screw down into the wire.

So with 3 bulbs on the one panel, there are a total of 6 wires, a positive and a negative for each. I want to wire these 3 lights to one power cord. Can I just solder the 3 wires of each to a cord and tape it up, or do they have to be wired a special way? What kind of wire can I use? I see home depot has the lamp kits, but I wasn't sure if them wires were meant 1 bulb or if it even matters. Sorry.. I'm still learning about wiring.. lol

My timer for the lights has 2 plugs, so I figured I would just wire 3 each, and have a plug for each.

Comments please?

2. Drew this up real quick. I basically have 2" squares of wood with a hole drilled in it just big enough for the light "socket". That's what the mounts are. Could I wire this up just like I show? Just pretty much put all 3 wires together with the one wire in the power cord?

Attached Files: