Help with weed paranoia!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Devastatedddd, Jun 21, 2018.

1. im a pretty new toker and many times I smoke I feel and intense feeling of paranoia. Time is skewed, obe, and overall tripping out over everything. When I’m high in public I feel like everyone’s watching me as I act like a fool. I have previous mental issues such as anxiety so I don’t know if it’s that.

2. You may need strains with lower THC or take less. I suggest more CBS rich strains

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Theres a high percentage of thc in the weed you get nowadays ive noticed it rise up a lot in the last 10 years.
    Ive smoked on/off since i was 16 but i seem to have similar issues as you but its only occasionaly with me usualy if ive smoked then gotta go the supermarket or somewere theres a lot of people about.
    i did notice if ive left the weed has had a good cure for a few months the thc kick its not as intense as just well dried and is more stoney than uppy.
    Its just certain strains you get as 'highlikethesky' says you should try a higher cbd strain with low thcshould be better for you there seems to be a load out now.
    this may sound stupid but you could leave your weed out of the container with a little bit of sun light getting to it to de-grade the thc a little of it for a few days then put it back in the container,just if its a really uncomftable smoke it should lessen the anxiety.

4. If you're a new toker AND doing it out in public, that could explain some of it. I would try:

---smoke less. Just start with a hit or two and give it 20-30min. There's no rule that says you have to clear a bowl in 5 minutes.
    ---try oils/vape kind. It's not one size fits all, but I find the oils to be much more mellow and calming than the same strains smoked.
    ---don't go out in public, at least for now. If you've already suffered from anxiety in the past, why put yourself in anxiety prone situations like being out in public and feeling like everyone's watching? Do it at home or a friend's house in a nice, comfortable setting that you can just sit back, relax, and laugh with trusted friends. Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with your buddy's either, no matter how weird you think it is. Stoners think about some weird arse stuff....lol.
    ---be in nature. It's not for everyone. But if you're a person that enjoys being out in nature normally, bud can greatly enhance this. I usually go for long bike rides, fishing, or even just sitting on my back porch watching the animals can be calming.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Anxiety and paranoia can be symptoms that you've gone beyond your personal THC comfort zone. Fortunately, there's a cure for this.

It's cannabis! :D

High CBD cannabis, that is. ;)

High CBD strains are great for scaling back that anxious/paranoid/too high feeling. In fact, I keep a bit of AC/DC (19% CBD) bud on hand for precisely that. When I've overtoked, a few puffs of that high CBD weed is enough to take the harsh off the high. If you don't have access to a dispensary, you can find CBD products online.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Would you recommend cbd vape juice to have on hand whenever a paranoia high comes across?

7. Definitely. I'd say it's the perfect thing to have on hand for a quick calm-me-down. (As opposed to a pick-me-up. :p) Seriously though, it's the one thing, in 40+ years of toking, that i've found to be an effective counter to over.toking.

Peace.