Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with weak cannaoil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ooptherehegoes, Jul 6, 2020.

1. My friends and I pulled our money together and bought an ounce of indica-hybrid weed. One of my friends said she had made brownies before so we sorta followed what she said. We ended up making three batches, a cup each, of cannaoil by grinding up the herb and putting it in vegetable oil in a skillet. We stirred it on low heat for a bit until my friend took it off. It had been under and hour and she said she might've burned it. Still, we divided the first batch of oil between two boxes of brownie mix and baked them. The other two batches of oil were done for a little longer and didn't end up burning at all, still under an hour each though. Those batches were divided between the four of us and still haven't been used. The brownies came out very weak and ended up just making us a little sleepy. I think I realize our mistakes, but am wondering if there is something I can do about the remaining cannaoil? I have half a cup to myself and am holding onto one of my friends' oil. I really don't want our first attempt at this to be a total wash.

• Funny Funny x 1

2. When did you decarb the Oz of weed??? If you didn't decarb the weed before making anything you've pretty much wasted it lol

3. Could try to decarb what you got out of it but probably won't work but it might. Just need to heat it to like 170f I believe, it's been awhile and no I haven't tried to do this so watch carefully don't want a fire

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Decarbing is 240 F for 40 mins, that's what most threads on here say anyway :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 9.3 grams in a cup of oil isn't going to do much.
    I use 10 grams of Hash in 2 tablespoons of oil.
    A tiny bit stronger.

Keep what you have and make it stronger a bit at a time.
    Here is the Recipe.

Decarb weed first This is roasting the weed on a cookie sheet uncovered.
    240 F for 40 minutes
    [​IMG]
    Decarbed Kief.
    Grind to dust. Flour grade.

5 grams decarbed Cannabis. Hash or Kief or powdered bud or wax or....
    1 tablespoon Cooking oil (Coconut oil is fastest to hit)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin ( power booster )
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done

[​IMG]
    Last batch from the freezer
    [​IMG]
    Cook with it or cap it up it works either way
    Buds 1 drop = 1mg
    Hash 1 drop = 3mg

The finished tablespoon
    Buds = 750mg
    Kief = 2500mg

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Your two biggest mistakes were:
    1. You didn't decarb! Next time, decarb 40 minutes in a 240F oven, dry and uncovered.
    2. You didn't control the temperature! Next time, use a temperature-controlled oven and carefully follow the recommended time & temperature of the recipe; don't 'eyeball' it on the stovetop.
    If you don't want to "waste" your weak practice batch of oil, you can use it on your skin as a very nice body oil. If you want to oil up with a friend, just remember that oil and latex are not compatible. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I use 100 grams of trim to 4 sticks of butter. So u guys had 28 grams. Depending on the strength of the weed. If u used 1-2 sticks it should be pretty good

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1