Help with ventilation.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Great Brettian, Oct 15, 2012.

1. #1 Great Brettian, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    Hey GC, I need desperate help with a plan for setting up ventilation. My grow room is 2x3x8ft. I have a 400w MH/HPS lighting fixture with a 6" air cooled hood and I can make two 6 inch holes for intake/outake ducting. I need to know what kind of fan and carbon filter to get. I also need to know what way to set it up. Like how to connect what to what. Should I connect the fan to the carbon filter so air goes into it or out it, etc. If anyone could make a diagram for me it would be greatly appreciated lol, I work better visually.

Here is a link to the grow light I have if it helps:
    http://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLSETX400DHMAC6-400-Watt-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005GYMM6U/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1350263252&sr=1-3&keywords=ipower+400w

Any help would be appreciated. I have every other aspect of my grow covered except for ventilation.

2. BUMP! Please help.

3. Please, I need help asap.

4. Alright, im bumping this one last time and then im forgetting about this. Ive never had no one respond to one of my threads. this sucks lol

5. Sorry I can't be much help. First off I'm pretty sure fans work better sucking so your fan would be pulling air through the hood. And your filter would be after the hood. As for size of fan, you'll have to do the math( this is my rough understanding of this) You want all air to be exchanged every 5 minutes. So if you have (example) 25 cubic feet, you would need a fan that could pull 5 cubic feet per minute, meaning in 5 minutes it will exchange all air in the room. Keep in mind that a filter slows the rate of air being sucked out. So a higher cfm fan would be needed.

6. That's a rough sketch of what your wanting. Remember, any bends in ducting slows airflow too.

Attached Files:

7. Thanks man, I appreciate it. This is exactly what I need. That diagram helps a lot.

8. glad i could be of service. thanks for the rep =]