Help with vape. Wont heat up.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sir.TokeAlot, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, it's been a while since i have been on here, and i return seeking help from anyone who can provide it.

I got a HotBox Vaporizer about 6~7 months ago and just yesterday it stopped heating up. It won't even get warm anymore. And since i bought it second hand, the warranty is definitely expired.

Has anyone else here had this problem? any ideas on how to fix it??

Thanks for any input.

2. There's no way I could tell you how to fix it without being there looking at it. But I can give you hints.

Open 'er up and check all the soldering welds. If one looks out of whack or disconnected then re-solder it and you should be good to go. If you can't find anything that looks out of the ordinary, then it's probably the board, and you'll have to buy a new one.

Post some high-res pics and I'll see if I can spot anything.

3. It sounds like the heating element is either disconnected or broken. I could fix it but Im not even in your state lol

4. I'll try to open it up, but 2 of the screws are underneath some felt pads that are in there REALLY well, i couldnt even scrape them off with a flat head screw driver and a hammer...but i'll find a way and post some pics of it's not completely obvious to me.

Thanks for the hints guys.