Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with understanding dilutions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Lifepluspaws, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Hi everyone!. I need some help figuring out ratios and their meaning.

For example in a group in at,they tell you to use various grades of dilution to infuse a carrier oil with full Extract Cannabis Oil,or to use a specific amount of herb to a specific amount of carrier oil. But I have trouble puting these into actual quantities.

For example: 40:1. Is that 40ml of carrier oil to 1ml of cannabis oil? Or 400ml/1ml?.

5:1,20:1. I'm at a lost of it.

If I want to make an infusion then I could use 5ml of carrier to 1ml of oil?.

Lol I suck at these things seriously!!.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 20:1 is just that. 20 parts oil to 1 part extract. The "parts" don't matter if they are ml, liters, ounces or gallons. The numbers are the same way. So if you have 27:3 ratio you would put, 27 ml oil base to 3 ml extract or 27 ounces of oil base to 3 ounces of extract or 27 liters of oil base to 3 liters of extract. 50:1 would be 50 gallons of oil base to 1 gallon of extract or 50 ml oil base to 1 ml extract. Do you see the pattern?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes!. So it's just as I said. I could use 50ml,to 1 oil extract,,or 500ml,what matters is that it is a multiple of 5 and 1 or in your example 27oz or 277ml to 3ml or 3oz.

4. Not 500 ml, or 277 ml. It would be 50 or 27. See?

5. Yes!. So I can't double it. It needs to be 40, or 50. I wanted to know if I could just multiply it and make a bigger batch.

6. What are you trying to make. I can just give you the recipes flat out. Are you making this for a dog? (I'm just assuming by your username) know what your doing before you go about mixing super potent cannabis oils.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

7. In chemistry the larger number in a dilution is the total volume after adding the smaller number. 1:10 dilution then would be, 1mL x in 9mL diluent = 10mL total volume.

Think of it as a 1 in 10 solution. Mistakes will only compound as you scale up.