HELP with trimming

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RMoss1011, Oct 7, 2009.

1. my plant is close to 5 weeks old and the leaves are really thick and long and cover up most of the outside so the growth underneath them arent getting a lot of light. Can i trim any of those fans off and if so what should i do? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. #2 mugzy3, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
    Thin out only a select few leaves in the middle that's in the way of some shoots and any yellow leaves or damages and a lot of people like to trim the leave at the very bottom just pick and choose carefully. do not cut off to many maybe 3-5 max cause the leaves absorb the sun for nutrients and if u cut off to many will be spending time to repair itself

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TbhY6aG9Uo]YouTube - UG 35 Indoor Growing Techniques-Pruning[/ame]

4. try tucking leaves out of the way to get more light to inner growth. thats how the plant converts shit into food so you would kind of be working against yourself by removing healthy leaves. only remove dead leaves or if you really have to do it sparingly.

5. I tested this for myself this summer with an outdoor grow. One I trimmed to open up to light, and the other I tucked the leaves back. The one I didn't trim finished a week ahead of the other and yielded about 20% more. Not quite a perfect experiment but those were the results.

6. thats a perfect example choch. just goes to show how much the "sun leaves" are actually required for a plant to flourish and be healthy.