Help with travel trailer grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Version 2, Aug 18, 2006.

1. I recently was given a gutted travel trailer, I'm planning on making this into a grow room. Unfortunatly I want it to be somewhat stealth. I'm currently on my first trial grow, so I don't need to start with to much (it's only a 2 plant grow), but I would like some input on how to layout this room. I don't have the deminsions yet, I will post them tomorrow if it helps.

What I really need is the basics to think about while I'm planning, since this will be my first room.

2. Its gotta be completely light proof. think about building a wooden frame inside the trailer and tacking up some white plastic sheeting. you should put a door on the room too. where are you going to vent the heat/smell?

3. I'm going to be venting the heat to the outside, through the pre-existing vents in the trailer. As far as smell goes, I was thinking of making a few of these: http://www.gardenscure.com/420/showthread.php?t=60127. I'm currently at a loss about what to do about the windows however. I know they need to be covered, but I can't really think of any way to do it that won't be obvious if someone happens to glance at it.

4. i once watched a video on pottv.com where a guy hung drapes in the window then closed them, painted a sheet of plywood white and tacked it up over the curtians with the white side facing the window. Thats pretty much the only way to do it without gettin caught.

5. With all the crative minds out ehre Im suprised this post didnt get much more needed attention. I would hang blinds and then on the inside put up sheets of hardwood over them and then put two exhaust fans drawing heat and run a scrubber to cover the smell. This is an awesome opportunity to creat an system.

6. If you can park it near your septic you could vent into that with both heat and smell, works great! As far as windows go, I would do mini blinds, then curtains, and then board them up, but make sure you use a moisture barrier of some sort. If the windows fog it's a tell tale sign of what's happening.After that I would frame out and wire the whole thing. I would come down 18-24 inches and 45 the walls to the ceiling and cover it first with Tyvek, then with Mylar. I would also build a new sub-floor, and 12 in basin, red guard it, and put down white tile.

7. if your going to do it OP, you might as well do it right

8. +rep for getting it!!:wave: