Help with topping my hulkberry auto (nearly 3 weeks old)

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Drillytheflip, May 4, 2021.

1. Hey guys, this is how my hulkberry auto looks like! It is my first grow and I am thinking about topping. I am a bit anxious about it as I am doing it for the first time. Should I cut the highest and newest nod at the top? Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. #2 Snooze08, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Yes, but careful not to cut the little chutes coming out right below it. Tried to circle them.
    You can always wait a day or two and they'll separate a bit more.
    Or just cut the node below.
    upload_2021-5-5_10-29-10.png

3. Have I done it right?

Attached Files:

4. That's more of fimming. Where you drew the line is where to cut.

You might want to check out some threads on autoflowers. Not sure if you really need/want to top them because of the shorter veg time. Watch how the plant recovers and compare.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh, it makes sense.. This is my first grow so I am always learning. Do you recommend leaving it like that, so it grows on its own? Tomorrow she is 3 weeks old so in about a week I am expecting flowering.

6. Just cut it down to the line you drew. Keep it simple. Don't over think things. Its your first grow.
    Spend your time worrying about proper lighting, temps, humidity, VENTILATION.
    The yield will come...

• Like Like x 2
  7. I never FIM autos and I never FIM once pre-flowering begins...stresses the plant, stunting growth and decreasing final yield...

Sent from my moto e6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  8. Also in my opinion a first time grower with an auto should not top or fim unless u can read ur plants health and b a doctor to it if it doesn't accept topping ,but for an auto topping u can ad another week or 2 onto the strains harvest time for recovery ,I wud grow a few first then after few grows and understanding plant health and shit that goes on below plant FIRST TIME GROWER ADVICE
    AUTOS CANT B BEAT UP LIKE PHOTOS

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Grasscity Forum mobile app