Help with temperature control

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 420247365, Aug 13, 2010.

1. So the opportunity has come up for me to build my own grow room, and I need some advice. My plan is to have two separate spaces within one room, both 4'x4'. one 4'x4' will be for Veg and the other for Flower. I plan to run 400w MH/ 600w HPS in the separate rooms, both in cool tubes(do I really need cool tubes?). My major concern with the space is heating and cooling. If i have my ventilation system running 24x7 how do i keep my babies warm at night with out overheating them in the day?

2. What is the normal temp in the room now?

3. the room will be in a detached garage with no heat, so the temp of the garage is what ever temp it is outside. once winter hits it regularly dips below freezing, and that just spells disaster. How do you think a oil radiator space heater would work?

4. I have grown in a garage as well, and due to heating issues I only managed this during the winter :eek: as summer temps made the 'sealed' growbox just too hot. I used a small electric space heater with built in thermostat with no issues whatsoever, and this was with fluoros, so very little heat build up compared to your setup. By the way, winter up here in Canada can be a little on the cool side;)

If your garage is not wired, you may consider burying a decent quality extension cord just under the lawn, running to the house of course. I'd be a little nervous using an oil fired heater, but that's just me. (you may want to check your insurance policy...;) ) Good luck.