Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with T-break!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Klde94, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Hey, Im Naz, I am 19, I been smoking for about 2.5 years daily. I usually light up about4-5 bowls a day throughout the day.. I havent really lived the "sober" life for a while and i havent been really getting high like I used to when I first started, So I decided to take a T-break! I have attempted to take few breaks but I usually fail by the 2nd or 3rd day lol! Two reasons why I want to stop for a week or 2 is to live the Sober life a bit, and I get high on small amounts of weed. I Usually cant stop for a long time, SO I need your help in convincing me to stop! what do you guys do when your Sober? I Work or go to school almost everyday so I wonder how that would go without weed!??

Anyways Thanks Grasscity, I been lurking this forum for a year, I jst decided to join today :)

P.s I been sober for 12 hours an counting :)! I hope I can do this!

2. its really not that hard i have been smoking just about everyday for 17 yrs and just stopped for a week with no problem, just can't be around it. Just smoked yesterday and got blitzed of 2 hits. kinda fun not smoking cuz thats the only time i dream and they are crazy ass dreams but in the long run its just will power and thats all

3. #3 alwaysdown, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
    first of all, dont take a t-break with weed all around you...smoke what you got or keep it at a friends or lock it up somewhere, THEN take your break. if i have even a gram of weed or a bong lying around where i can see it, i can't not be tempted to smoke. also, BE STRONG :hello:

i really hate to say it, but if you really want your t-break to work, i recommend staying off grasscity for atleast a week, until you can handle being around a hundred thousand stoners on just your computer.

4. you sound like your gonna go through withdrawl....just stop smoking for a week it's that simple if you don't have the will power to not smoke marijuana which is not physically addicting then you have no business using it to begin with because that's just sad if you can't stop for even 4 days bro just think about that and how fucked up that sounds, how often do you hear stories of people not being able to not smoke weed...it's called being busy u won't feel any different maybe a little more irritable that's about it, take it like a man.

5. I must agree with him sadly, just dont smoke. Simple enough. If you're bored masturbate lots or something, just don't smoke. Good luck though

6. I was in a similar situation, 2.5 years of daily smoking then I moved back home after college to take a full time job, and pay off loans.. and I had no contacts in my hometown because I started while I was in school..

So I actually ran out, which makes it easier to quit, but the insomnia drove me crazy and I actually lost 10 pounds because I used weed to keep my appetite up (I didn't want to loose the weight, as I am already a skinny guy).

I started working out and running the tredmill for a week or two after I quit to tire myself out and feel better as I entered into the soberness of life.

I don't see myself having a stash until I move out sometime 2011 after I have saved up for a down-payment on a house and I can grow my own. It would be hard to stay away if I did have any contacts in town I suppose

7. this man makes good point. but hey there are sometimes where you just really want a smoke? :eek:

8. true! its been like hell so far!! I still have about a quarter left in my room! I'm thinking about just smoking all this then start agian lol! Last night I got the cold sweats

9. you dont have to smoke it, and you even saying that just proves that you wont be able to follow through with it.

actaully have will power, have the power to say no. not because im telling you, but because YOU want to take a tolerance break, for yourself. you arent gonna help anyone else by taking a break...

i take t breaks with Ounces on me and im fine with it because i can say no.

save that quarter till after your break.... so much better when you dont have to call a guy up for your first smoke and then him not be good at the time or whatever reason

10. Look. it is all in your mind, when i got arrested I went from growing large amounts of weed and smoking an ounce a week to nothing.

It isn't that hard, considering getting high is a hard task for some people. You have to get money, purchase a bag of weed, put it in a pipe, put fire to it, and inhale. Somewhere down the line of those actions you can stop yourself and say you want to stop for a bit.

A way that helped me back before I grew weed was to spend all my money on cool shit. Even if its useless, because if I had no money on me I wouldent buy weed.

11. well sir, if you have to spend your money on cool shit so you cant buy weed, then you might as well just smoke your weed so you DONT GOT NONE left :smoke:

12. Workout!!!!! Eat healthy, fix bad habits, etc. improving your overall lifestyle is easier when youre not high 24/7 (for me at least).

I like these other suggestions people have such as spending money on cool shit.

Whatever you do, dont give in!! its fucking tough, trust me bro we've all been through it at some point or another hahaha.

Also, dont even roll up a joint or pack any bowls or do ANYTHING weed related until youre totally done youre break. Might sound stupid but one time i took a random self-induced t-break and i thought i would just roll up a nice joint to keep me occupied...... ended up smoking that bitch like a week before i wanted to finish my break cause it was just so enticing.

13. jus wanna let you know i been going through it, longer than i Imagine, but i am still tryin to go out for another week :p

IT was hella hard the first week or so man, but now its fine, cant wait to get ripped!!

14. Keep yourself busy and if you do get the urge to smoke just think of how awesome it'll be once you finally do. Every day you hold it off the better it'll be once you finally start again. If you really wanted to make this T-break last you could.

Edit:
    Ah I just saw your new post... congrats you lasted the first week! :)