Help With System Restore

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by RandleStoner, Sep 7, 2012.

1. I'm currently trying to do a system restore on my desktop. It's got windows vista and I'm only able to use the safemode command prompt. I've tried many different ways and it results in saying there is no restore point and I must create one. I try to create one by opening this...

systemprop.png

But there is no system protection tab on it on my screen, thus I cannot create a restore point. I would really love some help on this because my computer is pretty much useless unless I can restore it.

2. Are you running true crypt on that c drive? Is this your personal computer or a corporate or educational machine? At this point creating a restore point is useless, as all it would do is restore your computer to its current non functioning state. If you are trying to get the machine running I would recommended a start up repair using a mdart CD, or repair install using a correct copy of vista.

Are you trying retrieve data, get the computer running, or both?

3. #3 RandleStoner, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    It is just a personal computer. Honostly I don't know what true crypt is.
    I don't care about any of the data on it. I'd just like to delete everything on it and start from scratch. I also don't have any OS disks. I was going to try putting a free OS on it and maybe there would be someway to format the computer or something like that. I have no idea if that would work though.